We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which areas do I book the hotels in Bangkok and Pattaya

Indore, India
3 posts
Save Topic
Which areas do I book the hotels in Bangkok and Pattaya

Hi,

I am planning a trip with family to Bangkok and Pattaya this September.

The itinerary goes like -

Day 1: From Bangkok Airport to Pattaya via AC Bus

Day 2 -3: Pattaya

Day 4: Pattaya to Bangkok (probably by Train/Bus)

Day 5 - 6: Bangkok

Now, I'd like to visit the usual tourist destinations in these 2 cities and would like to go about for some shopping in Bangkok.

Which areas do I book the hotels in these 2 cities? Have no clue about these places at all.

Terminal 21
Department Stores, Shopping Malls,
Train Night Market
Flea & Street Markets,
Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
16,497 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which areas do I book the hotels in Bangkok and Pattaya

Read some of the older posts. For Pattaya go to that forum. Many posts from tourists coming from India.

Where you stay depends on you.

Bangkok. Sukhumvit Nana and Asok areas are good for walking to nightlife, malls, restaurants, Skytrain, etc. Pratunam area if all you intend to do is shop. Wholesale shopping, malls, vendors, etc. My opinion, a little dead late at night.

Pattaya. (See that forum.) A hotel on or near Pattaya Sai Song will be helpful so you can walk to malls, vendors, nightlife, etc.

Read some of the FAQ's on the side under "Top Questions." Search choice will give you saome hotel and other help.

Have fun.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,127 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which areas do I book the hotels in Bangkok and Pattaya

For shopping in Bangkok look no further than Pratunam. There are a lot of good hotels in Pratunam with great offers and prices.

Places to see in Bangkok

tripadvisor.in/Attractions-g293916-Activitie…

You can also look for places to see in Pattaya

Edited: 03 August 2013, 04:34
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
651 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which areas do I book the hotels in Bangkok and Pattaya

I don't want to place you in the Lord Nelson if you have a budget for the Dusit.

How much do you wish to spend on accommodation?

4. Re: Which areas do I book the hotels in Bangkok and Pattaya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2014, 05:18