We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Side trip to Phuket/Koh Samui or Krabi?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Side trip to Phuket/Koh Samui or Krabi?

Looking at coming to Bangkok in a few weeks, and am looking at perhaps doing a sidetrip for a few days to one of the beach resorts (not Pattaya!!).

Looks like you're playing with dice with the weather with Phuket, and i don't want to be soggy downed with rain while i'm there.

But looking at Koh Samui the beaches look a bit rubbish !

I really want a great beach, and naturally a little bit of life and entertainment at night (although not too wild, as we're bringing a little one ... just some shops, people watching, restaurants, live music, etc).

Any advice?

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,205 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Side trip to Phuket/Koh Samui or Krabi?

If you think the beaches on Samui are rubbish then you've been very spoilt. Chaweng Beach is one of the nicest beaches on Samui, but being the nicest it also has a lot of people on it. South Chaweng is about 15 minutes from nightlife and a very nice beach with plenty of shops, restaurants, bars etc.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,544 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Side trip to Phuket/Koh Samui or Krabi?

I agree with Cassnu. South Chaweng beach is really nice and the weather should be OK.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Side trip to Phuket/Koh Samui or Krabi?

This is the first time i am hearing Koh Samui beaches looks Rubbish. From where you got this information.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Side trip to Phuket/Koh Samui or Krabi?

South Chaweng and Choeng Mon beaches are beautiful so someone gave you the wrong info.

5. Re: Side trip to Phuket/Koh Samui or Krabi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2014, 05:17