We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is my itinerary ok?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
asia
Level Contributor
666 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Is my itinerary ok?

Hi All,

Having read all the posts in here, I've come up with an itinerary for a day or two. Just wondering if I would be too ambitious or if it is do-able since I am bringing along my elderly parents.

0730 hrs - Pick up from hotel and head to Wat Pho

0900 hrs - Head to Grand Palace (or earlier, if there's nothing much at Wat Pho)

1030 hrs - Head to Wat Takkien Floating Market

1200 hrs - Head to Seafood Buffet at one of the hotels near Asoke

1430 hrs - Head to Chatuchak

1800 hrs - Head to Central World? Big C? Saw the thread on the aerosoft shoes and thought of getting them for my mum.

1930 hrs - Drop off at my hotel in Siam

I've read that a few hours is needed for Grand Palace, but I doubt we would explore it in depth. Also, not sure if I should skip the Floating Market and head for Aw Tor Kong Market instead. Any suggestions? My mum isn't very mobile, so not sure if floating market will suit her. But I'm intending to book the Rice Barge Cruise for her. Hopefully that will be a good experience for her. I've called asiaweb and they said that it will be fine for her - just worried about the boarding onto the boat.

Is the BTS packed throughout the day or is there a non-peak hour? For the 2nd day, thought of taking the BTS to Asoke for Healthland. Then get the Rice Barge Cruise to pick us up from a hotel near to T21. And thereafter, to Asiatique.

Does anyone know how long it would take to see the Siam Ocean World, including the glass bottom boat?

Thanks in advance.

Rotherham, England...
Level Contributor
875 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is my itinerary ok?

I think you're a bit ambitious. Have longer for the Grand Palace, it's not really possible to do it in 90 minutes unless you run round... there's no real indepth exploration you either see it or you don't if that makes sense. Also don't under estimate how long it can take you to get round Bangkok! And if you're mum is not so mobile taxi's may be better than BTS / MRT trains for her.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,266 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is my itinerary ok?

Seems way to rushed for me.

Bandar Seri...
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is my itinerary ok?

i agree its very rush..

i usually arrange my time 1 place for morning. 1 place for d afternoon and 1 for night.

getting to a destination will take some time too

asia
Level Contributor
666 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is my itinerary ok?

Shane, no, we are not doing it via BTS on the first day. I've already hired private taxi from the hotel we're staying at. It will be for 10 -12 hours.

Edited: 07 August 2013, 14:38
asia
Level Contributor
666 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is my itinerary ok?

oh, just to add..........the central world part is ONLY if we have time, else we'll just head back to the hotel and go on another day. I think main crux of the itinerary is all the way through to Chatuchak.

Rotherham, England...
Level Contributor
875 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is my itinerary ok?

Well I'd probably drop Wat Pho from the itenary and go straight to the palace (check the opening times). From there Wat Takkien Floating then Chatuchak. I think any more would be a lot for elderly relatives, especially in the heat!

asia
Level Contributor
666 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is my itinerary ok?

Thanks Shane, I shall take note of it. I will need to find more information on Wat Takkien Floating market.

The last time I'd ever done a floating market was when I was very young. Can't help forget that there were cockroaches and they freaked me out. So kinda nightmarish. Do they still have creepy crawlies at the floating market?

Rotherham, England...
Level Contributor
875 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is my itinerary ok?

The only creepy crawlies I recalled seeing were being fried and sold as snacks. It does seem like it's a "must do" when visitting Thailand, though to be honest I wasn't a fan of the floating market but my g/f loved it.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Is my itinerary ok?

Ya it's very good itinerary. Pls go for it

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
2,314 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is my itinerary ok?

Have you done this itinerary Anish? By any chance did you use a Rocket???