We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aerosol cans

Victoria Park...
Level Contributor
136 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Aerosol cans

Hi it's been a while since I travelled but can you take aerosol cans of deoderent and insect repellent in your checked in luggage flying from Melbourne to Bangkok with Thai airlines thanks

Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aerosol cans

Hi Adam - you won't be able to take a full size deodorant, but you can take a travel size aerosol for the journey. You can buy all sorts of travel size toiletries at Boots in the airport. I haven't seen travel sized repellent, but you can buy deet wipes. Personally, we just make sure the deet is easily accessible in the suitcase.

Mags

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,864 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aerosol cans

Yes, you can take insect repellant and deoderant sprays of any size in your CHECKED luggage. The limits on liquids are for carry-ons.

Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aerosol cans

Sorry misunderstood - didn't read the post properlly and assumed you were referring to hand luggage.

Mags

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aerosol cans

Yes but the airlines state that the lids should be on them. To be honest I don't think I have always had the lids on but they are always checked in baggage.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
16,511 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Aerosol cans

No problem with your CHECKED IN bag. I bring shaving cream in aerosol cans. But liquids can leak all over your clothes and stuff! Or the button be depressed due to movement, etc.

I bring my favorite brands to Thailand. For any liquid in a can or plastic container I wrap them in plastic bags. Most of the time no problem with leakage but when I get lazy and don't use the plastic bags - that is when they spring leaks or something!

I can get my favorite aftershave lotions back in my old hometown at one third the price of Thai supermarkets. I double wrap them for sure because I am cheap!

Edited: 10 August 2013, 11:48
Italy
Level Contributor
39,507 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aerosol cans

I have always taken insect repellent and deodorant in my checked luggage and never had a problem.

7. Re: Aerosol cans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2014, 06:18