We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

solo river dinner cruise?

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
239 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
solo river dinner cruise?

Hi going to Bangkok early November solo... would any of the dinner cruises suite a single person or are they more suited to couples?.

regards colin

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: solo river dinner cruise?

Hi Colin,

I went solo on the Loy Nava dinner cruise in November last year and didn't feel out of place at all. They seated me right at the front of the boat and I was quite oblivious to the make-up of the other tables or what was going on, for that matter. I was too busy enjoying my meal and the sights. I think that, even if I was seated further back, I would have felt quite comfortable because the atmosphere was conducive to groups, couples or singles.

I think that, because more people are travelling solo these days, be it for business or pleasure, these companies are used to seeing people by themselves. Also, I figure that if I didn't do these things just because I'm by myself, I'd end up sitting in my hotel room every night.

Go ahead and have a great time as I did.

Best wishes,

Sue

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
750 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: solo river dinner cruise?

I agree with Sue. Loy Nava is a great cruise and they will look after you. I saw the other bigger boats and they looked pretty basic in comparison to the beautiful boat Loy Nava takes you on. The food is wonderful and they offer more if you want it. Book online on their web site and pay on the boat. Book free transfers from your hotel too.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: solo river dinner cruise?

It won't be a problem doing the cruise on your own we always do the cruise when we're in Bangkok and there's always people dining alone.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,688 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: solo river dinner cruise?

If you book as a single do you always get your own table, or could you be seated with another party?

Thanks

Trisha

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,877 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: solo river dinner cruise?

I went on the cruise solo and had my own table, but at the back of the boat which was just as good, as there was a terrific view from the back of the boat for taking photos. I would think they would always seat you at your own table. I certainly enjoyed my time on the cruise with Loy Nava, and would do it again. I didn't feel out of place at all.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,688 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: solo river dinner cruise?

I see there are 2 evening cruises - 6pm and 8.10pm.

I'd be interested to know which one you'd recommend.

I also see on the website..."No shared tables" - I should have looked before I asked!

Thanks

Trisha

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,877 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: solo river dinner cruise?

Hi missindy.... I took the 6pm cruise as it starts right at sunset, so you get to enjoy that, and then when it's dark, all the temples and wats are lit up as you cruise up one side of the river for an hour and then cross over to the other side and cruise down that side - much to see of how the locals live on the riverside, and also all the gaily colored boats of all shapes and sizes.

I loved seeing the temples lit up - especially Wat Arun - that was fantastic.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
239 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: solo river dinner cruise?

Thanks for the reply susan,,.julie,,,chrella, sounds like loy nava is the go will check them out .

regards colin

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
750 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: solo river dinner cruise?

We went on the 6pm cruise. Great because you can take photos at sunset and then again after dark as you go back past the same areas, eg Grand Palace. Yes everyone has their own table, no sharing. Its really nice, you will love it.

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
94 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: solo river dinner cruise?

On our dinner cruise last month, I saw a solo traveler enjoying the cruise in the front side of the boat. You can email your request in their website if you want to be seated upfront (near the lady playing the Thai music where you have an unobstructed view of the river) or at the back with the rest of the other tables. They always promptly answer emails. A name tag will be placed in the table reserved for you on your chosen date and time. Have a nice time!