We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Banglamphu in mid Oct and looking for local things to do

Canberra (capital...
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
In Banglamphu in mid Oct and looking for local things to do

I'll be staying on Th Pra Athit on the river for 3 nights and 3 days and would like to do things locally. I haven't stayed in this part of BKK before and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions plse?

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,861 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In Banglamphu in mid Oct and looking for local things to do

If you like live blues music, there's a wonderful blues bar called Ad Here the 13th about 10 minutes walk from Phra Athit, on Samsen Road just after the bridge over the canal. It gets crowded about 22:00 and it's a lot of fun.

Canberra (capital...
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In Banglamphu in mid Oct and looking for local things to do

Thanks Bill, what about daytime activities too? I hear there's a bike tour place nearby too, do you know the name of it plse?

Edited: 12 August 2013, 07:03
Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In Banglamphu in mid Oct and looking for local things to do

A couple of minutes walk to the vibrant and colourful Khao San area. Great places to eat, drink and watch the world go by

Pier 13 for the public ferries is on Phra Athit by the Navalai Hotel.

As you're staying on the river then the Navalai and New Siam Riverside have got terraces looking out onto the river. Just watching all the action on the river is a fascinating feast for the eyes, especially if you've got an ice-cold singha for company.

Along Phra Athit is Saantichaiprakarn Park and the Phra Sumen Fortress. You can watch the locals [or even join in] their dawn and dusk exercise routines.

My favourite part of Bangkok.

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In Banglamphu in mid Oct and looking for local things to do

Direction to right from the Prasumen Fort, about 1 km along Prasumen Road, is nowadays famous Brown Sugar jazz bar!

Canberra (capital...
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: In Banglamphu in mid Oct and looking for local things to do

Thanks Guys for the suggestions, all noted and mapped I think my htl does have a little balcony of some sort facing the river and am looking forward to it.

6. Re: In Banglamphu in mid Oct and looking for local things to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2014, 05:18