We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended Floating Market?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hyderabad, Andhra...
10 posts
Save Topic
Recommended Floating Market?

Hi All,

I would like to know that which is the most recommended floating market near Bangkok? Also what is the best way to reach there: We are four people..Should we book a tour with an agency or book a cab?

Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended Floating Market?

The floating market you would have seen on TV, websites, books etc. would have been Damnoen Saduak. Best reached by a tour as cabs have a habit of dropping you off at an expensive boat trip place instead of the market.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,868 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended Floating Market?

With 4, it will probably cost about the same for a private guide and driver as it would to join a tour.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,532 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended Floating Market?

Contract some of the guides recommended on TA and get some prices for your dates.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293915-c125475/Thail…

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended Floating Market?

If you are visiting Pattaya, I would suggest you to visit floating Market there.

Its much more nearer to the city & cheaper too. Ambiance is good. You can even visit Mimosa, which is nearby.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommended Floating Market?

My opinion is different, don't visit the Pattaya floating market as it's terrible and nothing is even floating!

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommended Floating Market?

Bangkok food tours do an incredible markets tour. It was one of the best days out I have ever had, great tour guide and driver, two of the markets hardly any tourists, and the food plentiful and so yummy. Worth having a look as it might be what you are looking for

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
210 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommended Floating Market?

My suggestion is to go early, we went last week and arrived at 11am and the boat traffic was gridlocked one lady got her arm jammed by a boat, it was absolute madness. That was my second and last trip to floating markets....

Hyderabad, Andhra...
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommended Floating Market?

Hi All

Thank you so much for your suggestions on selecting tours or cabs!! But I am still confused about chosing between Damnoen Saduak, Amphawa and Taling Chan floating markets. Please help!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,868 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommended Floating Market?

I'd advise giving Taling Chan a pass. It isn't what most expect as a floating market.

Amphawa is great. But, it's weekend evenings only.

Damnoen Saduak is the floating market you have seen in most pictures. It is open 7 days and there are dozens of joined and private tours heading there, regularly. Just about any hotel can arrange a trip.

Hyderabad, Andhra...
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommended Floating Market?

Hi OctoberSix, we have one of our weekend evening free at Bangkok, hence can plan for Amphawa if it is more recommended than Damnoen Saduak.