We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus to don mueang airport from nana bts

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
bus to don mueang airport from nana bts

took a taxi last time and was surprised how expensive it was ,does any one no if there is a airport bus from this area or do i have to go to a bus station (not a problem) thanks again for any info .

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,273 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus to don mueang airport from nana bts

ttrweekly.com/site/…

You can take the BTS train to Victory Monument and then the A2 airport bus. Taking the BTS all to way to Mo Chit and catching either A1 or A2 from there might be a bit faster, though.

Rotherham, England...
Level Contributor
874 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus to don mueang airport from nana bts

I did the DMK to Mo Chit (30 Bt) to Victory monument (31Bt) (the reverse of the above recomendation) and it was ok. The bus was full though so be aware if you have a load of bags. From DMK to Mo Chit took 35minutes but I think about 15 mins were for the bus to fill up. From Mo Chit to Vict Mon took less than 10 mins and trains are very frequent.

I think Victory to Nana is about 45Bt.

Edited: 21 August 2013, 14:41
Rotherham, England...
Level Contributor
874 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus to don mueang airport from nana bts

btw Try to have the right change for the BTS, the ticket machines don't give change (or maybe it's they don't accept notes) so you can queue ages just to get change before you join the queue for ticket machines.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bus to don mueang airport from nana bts

Or get the BTS to Phaya Thai and then catch the 59 bus heading north from under the station. Or you can catch the 513 which goes from Nana to DMK for 23 baht, (orange with a/c). Probably the cheapest way.

Alan

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: bus to don mueang airport from nana bts

Forgot to say that you can also get the 29 bus from Phaya Thai.

Alan

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,337 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: bus to don mueang airport from nana bts

"took a taxi last time and was surprised how expensive it was...."

How much did you pay for your taxi?

*Many years ago when Don Muang was the only airport I used to catch a cheap city bus from Sukhumvit to the airport when I had time to kill. I would get it near Soi 8. This bus used to stop at the Air Force base along the way. I think the price was around 13 baht to 25 baht. Been so long I can't remember.

It would be nice to know if a city bus still goes to Don Muang from Sukhumvit. Although the ride used to take quite a bit longer than a taxi ride.

AL

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,166 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bus to don mueang airport from nana bts

Taxi should only cost approx 350 -400 baht. I would not call that expensive.

8. Re: bus to don mueang airport from nana bts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2014, 06:21