We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What not to miss in Bangkok

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
What not to miss in Bangkok

Hiya,

I'll be in Bangkok for 3nights and 4 days in October (midweek). What were the highlights of your visit to Bangkok? What wouldn't you want to miss?

I'm thinking one day for Wats (a very full day :p), one day trip up to Ayutthaya. That leaves two days. I'm not interested in the beach.

What do you think, tripadvisor?

Thanks,

Sarah.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
2,325 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What not to miss in Bangkok

It all depends on your interests Sarah... I have been to Bangkok thrice and twice this year and I still know that I have some more things to cover there as Bangkok has so much to offer. Sightseeing is a must and since you have mentioned about Wats, go to Grand Palace too.

Try reading the FAQ's for more ideas of sightseeing, shopping, night life, floating markets etc..

I enjoyed the grand palace, floating markets, all the shopping I did, night life, the Paragon cineplex and MBK for movies, the great street food, wax museum etc... you might not like all what I did and like I said, it all depends on your individual interest..

Hope you will have a great trip there and enjoy it as much as I did...just cant wait to get back..

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,531 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What not to miss in Bangkok

Floating market, flower market, Chinatown, Jim Thomson house, Shopping malls, street food etc etc. There is plenty to keep you going.

As suggest by Treshi read the FAQ's on the right. (they dont show on mobiles)

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,788 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What not to miss in Bangkok

Sarah. Usually a woman's name. No shopping on your list of things to do? Look over your travel guide on Thailand, they usually have a list of popular things to do in each city. Some hotels in Bangkok are more convenient for walking to many things. Some are in the boonies.

The FAQ's on the side are helpful and you can do a forum search. None of use know what you like or do not like. Or if you are alone, with husband or boyfriend or with other women friends. I know you don't care for beaches. That's okay - no beaches in Bangkok! There is nightlife, expensive nightclubs, cheap pubs and beer bars and good restaurants available. Got enough money go to an expensive spa or the very least get a massage. You can even ask the hotel concierge to send some nice buffed out good looking Thai guy to visit your hotel room for an oil massage.

Lots of stuff to do in Bangkok. Something cheap - do some people watching! Pull up a seat at a cheap sidewalk cafe and watch the people pass by while sipping a drink. My favorite spot is on Sukhumvit in the Nana area.

Up to you.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What not to miss in Bangkok

The Royal Palace, Floating market, Jim Thomson House, Erawan shrine, Chinatown, River cruise on the Chao Phraya river, shopping in the markets and malls, there's loads to do in Bangkok and also some great restaurants.

Colden, New York
Level Contributor
2,677 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What not to miss in Bangkok

There was a post dated 8/15/13 and the replies were great especially the one #15 from SkeezixVancouver. I put it in my drop box and onto my I Pad for my upcoming trip in 2014. Check it out.

tripadvisor.com/…52094662

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What not to miss in Bangkok

The food......

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
285 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What not to miss in Bangkok

Night time bicycle tour!

Mumbai
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: What not to miss in Bangkok

Svensons Ice Cream, Erawaan Shrine, Wat's, Grand Palace, River Cruise

Roeselare, Belgium
Level Contributor
224 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What not to miss in Bangkok

Ancient City perfect for a midweek visit(rent golfcart or bike) ,don't forget your camera.Go early(opening hour)

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What not to miss in Bangkok

Do not miss Grand Palace and The Ananda Samakhom Throne Hall which I visited on my recent visit. I will be posting the review shortly.

I also visited Erawan Museum, not sure if you like to spend time here. My reviews.

tripadvisor.in/ShowUserReviews-g293916-d1627…

You can combine it with Ancient city

tripadvisor.in/Attraction_Review-g1570011-d4…

Have a nice trip & enjoy your holidays.

Edited: 31 August 2013, 03:17