We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MBK for NON-electrical products

Howden, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
MBK for NON-electrical products

Is MBK the best place for clothes and shoes? I've heard tis great for electrics and DVDs etc etc, but I plan on visiting MBK as soon a s I arrive to get clothes for my 3 week trip. Will need t-shirts, thin linen trousers and sandals/walking boots. Is MBK the place to visit?

Is so, roughly wha tprices am i looking at? and what is the bartering policy?

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MBK for NON-electrical products

Hi

Yes MBK has everything you're mentioned. Yes you can bargains at MBK. I'm sorry can't help with cost I'm the worst when come with bargains!!!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MBK for NON-electrical products

You only need to visit MBK as it has everything under one roof, Mens t-shirts around 200 baht, cargo pants with zip off legs 400baht, don't know about walking boots or sandals because we've never bought those, basically the seller will start ridiculously high and you should start ridicuously low until you find a price in the middle that suits you both.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,467 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: MBK for NON-electrical products

You can buy cheap t-shirts anywhere. On street corners sold by vendors, in Pratunam area on Phetchaburi Road and Ratchaprorop and near the Baiyoke Tower hotel.

Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed! Wash any underwear before you put it on. Some clothing has chemicals on them to keep moths from munching on them. If you have big feet buy your shoes at home or pay more in Thailand. Don't expect a big break in prices for genuine brand name clothing.

Howden, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MBK for NON-electrical products

hmmm, good point about the big feet thing. im a size 12.....probably better to get them at home right?

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,558 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MBK for NON-electrical products

Hi,

I would get them at home, for clothing do check out the malls around Siam and along Sukhumvit.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,467 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: MBK for NON-electrical products

Don't trust the size label either! Try shirts and pants on first.

For T-shirts I bring one with me that fits good and lay it over the new one. Then allow a little bit for shrinkage. Or try it on.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,986 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: MBK for NON-electrical products

For bargaining I usually go 1/3 to 1/2 down then go up to what I'm comfortable paying.

No need to buy everything at one go either. You have 3 weeks, get stuff as you need it.

8. Re: MBK for NON-electrical products

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2014, 06:22