We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok to River Kwai day tour

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
41 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Bangkok to River Kwai day tour

We'll be in BK in February and would like to go on a day tour to visit the Bridge over the River Kwai combined with a train ride and a boat ride on the River. We don't want to go to the Tiger temple or the elephant ride. We would like to do this tour in a small mini-bus with small numbers of people rather than a large coach. The only company I can find to do this trip is City Discovery tours but it is in a full size coach. Does anyone know a company I can do this with a small group please ?

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
550 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok to River Kwai day tour

that interests me in july as well,leaving out the animal visits.be intrested in the replies

john

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
230 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok to River Kwai day tour

I am doing some trips with Wandee, not sure if all her trips are private tho, drop her a email, she replies really quickly.....

wandeetours.com/

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok to River Kwai day tour

You could contact Tour with Tong and tell her what you want and she can customise a tour to suit you, but this would be a private tour.

Australia
Level Contributor
79 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok to River Kwai day tour

We would like to River Kwai and AYUTTHAYA. Can this be done in one day

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,654 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok to River Kwai day tour

We did the River Kwai and Hellfire Pass in one day. Was collected in a car at 7 am and did not get back until 6pm. Ayutthaya is about an hour from Bangkok but I doubt it would be worth doing in the same day as the Kwai.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,090 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bangkok to River Kwai day tour

Hi Jenmatt,

For a one-day tour to Kanchanaburi on a mini bus check the link below:

www.newlinetravel.co.th/index.php…

Some friends recently did the one-day tour to Kanchanaburi and visited the Bridge and the nearby Museum. They also travelled on the famous railway and visited and Elephant Camp. The cost came to 1,500 baht per person and this included lunch.

GilliganAustralia, you need more than a day to visit both Kanchanaburi and Ayutthaya. Ideally, you will need at least two days in Kanchanaburi alone.

Edited: 30 August 2013, 07:03
7. Re: Bangkok to River Kwai day tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2013, 18:24
Germany
Level Contributor
259 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bangkok to River Kwai day tour

We did it on a private basis with Mr. Oats. His details can be found somewhere on this site. We were very happy with his services. However, in general I would say that the River Kwai Bridge is not worth the hassle. It was a complete disappointment to us. Throngs of tourists on the bridge, joint by a colourfully painted train going back and forth, it feels a bit like Mainstreet at Disneyland. The restaurants at the foot of the bridge are tourist traps, the food was just awful. Actually, I would look for another destination around Bangkok, if you want to go on a day trip.

UK
Level Contributor
889 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bangkok to River Kwai day tour

Hi I am fairly confident that Wandee can arrange for join tours as well, it was a while back but think she offered us one once. But we took the private option Never hurts to ask. If you have limited time in Bangkok is in my opinion good to get these sorted before you arrive rather than waste precious holiday time looking for just the right tour or buying a tour from your hotel on arrival. Wandees prices amd other guides costs are certainlt competive against the Hotels and agencies, Try her on wandee@wandeetours.com maybe get a cost for private as well so you can make a call that suits you best. I expect other guides in the faqs could help a well, does no harm to get some costs and ideas in to help you choose.

Australia
Level Contributor
79 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bangkok to River Kwai day tour

Thank you all for the advice. We have only 3 days in Bangkok, using it as a transit to Europe. I think we will do just AYUTTHAYA.