We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Temples worth visiting and cabaret show?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
116 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Temples worth visiting and cabaret show?

Hi all, I'll be in BKK for 6 days in Dec. I'm planning to visit Temple of Dawn (Wat Arun) and Temple of the Golden Mount (Wat Saket). Are these worth visiting and can someone advise directions to Wat Saket please? I've checked several pages but still confused. I'll be staying at Pratunam. Also what's the best time to visit these places? Other things I've considered are Lumpini Park and Calypso Cabaret show. Is the cabaret show worth it? Its more expensive than the one in Phuket. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Temples worth visiting and cabaret show?

Wat Pho is also worth visiting and it's right next to the Grand Palace which shouldn't be missed.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Temples worth visiting and cabaret show?

I would say the temples are worth a visit though I do not have personal experience in the Cabaret show....

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,158 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Temples worth visiting and cabaret show?

You should also consider a visit to the Grand Palace and Wat Pho.

But only you can decide what you will think worth visiting !

Have you read the FAQ - FAQ What To See & Do on the right ?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
116 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Temples worth visiting and cabaret show?

yes I did. there are so many temples and each needs a separate fee. whereas in siem reap, a flat fee gives access to all temples. so jus wanna narrow down the options. i'll look thru again!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,894 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Temples worth visiting and cabaret show?

Wat Saket/Golden Mount is free.

Easiest way is to take the San Sean klong boat. Just take it to Panda pier (last stop), its a short walk from there.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Temples worth visiting and cabaret show?

Wat Saket is wonderful. There are several other wats in the same area. All are free and each is worth a look. If you can get your hands on the slim guide "Bangkok Step by Step" (available through Amazon), there's a great walking tour of the area around Golden Mount. Highly recommended. I'm going to do this self-guided walking tour a second time again on my next visit in Dec.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,410 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Temples worth visiting and cabaret show?

Wat Sakat is no longer free; they have no implemented a 20 baht charge. And, with all the new improvements, I am sure that will be increased.

They have also built shopping complex at the base, in the area were many people had been interned.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,894 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Temples worth visiting and cabaret show?

Heheh I usually walk in like I own the place. B20 - almost free.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
116 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Temples worth visiting and cabaret show?

Alright! how do i get to the boat pier from pratunam? Will be staying at Budacco hotel. Wat Saket appeals to me more than Grand Palace heh.

Edited: 04 September 2013, 04:35
Bangkok, Krung...
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Temples worth visiting and cabaret show?

I think you should go to there by taxi, It's convenient and saving time. I agree with Cassnu, Wat Pao and the Grand Palace are also worth visiting.

I've watched the Calypso Cabaret show, although It's more expensive than some show, it's amazing and funny show, all actress have talents and looks professional. Moreover, you can visit and dinner at Asiatique, cuz the calypso show is in the Asiatique, The Riverfront, Horizontal shopping complex on the bank of Chao Phraya River has been converted from East Asiatic Company's old warehouses.If you want to get around more than this and worth both experience and price. I suggest you see these programs

lets-tour-bangkok.com/bangkok-vacation.html

you will get a guide in private tour.

lets-tour-bangkok.com/…panel1-1

this site is 800 THB only for show ticket !

think2travel.com/tours-attractions/bangkok_t…