We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok airway

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bangkok airway

Hi, can someone please let me know when I book Bangkok airway - can I see the total airfare in AUD money instead of the THB? Thanks

And is it cheaper to book directly with Bangkok airway or book through a travel agent - like Escape Travel?

l

Many thanks

Edited: 05 September 2013, 03:34
perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok airway

Hi

Book it yourself it will be cheper. Unfortunately you will only see in bath but once you pay whir credit card it wil, shown on yore statements in $ and baht ( mind dose ).

Cheers,

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok airway

Or google "currency converter" and let technology convert it for you....

Edited: 05 September 2013, 03:41
Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok airway

You can use this website to convert baht to AUD

www.xe.com

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,289 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok airway

Just type "XXX THB in AUD" into Google (where XXX is your number of Thai baht). That will give you a midmarket rate fine for comparison purposes.

Edited: 05 September 2013, 16:27
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok airway

Technology and the power of the internet these days......

Melbourne, Australia
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Bangkok airway

Thank you to everyone for answering to my question so promptly. Unfortunately, I have more questions. Please continue to help me.

1) We are a family of 4 including 2 children age 9 &12. We will be traveling to Bangkok Thailand from 27/11 - 10/12 in 2013 this year. This is our ever first holiday to Thailand. And I hastily book the 13 nights accommodation in Bangkok. I feel now upset that I should have book to go elsewhere as well like Phuket or Koh Samui. However, I already paid the whole 13 nights accommodation via Booking. Com - deal that is not refundable and can't be changed (Oh yeh - that was very silly of me). Now we want to either go to Phuket or Koh Samui in between those dates. Could you guy please recommend us - Phuket or Koh Samui - which one is good for the kids/family, and importantly affordable? And which are the best hotels there for kids/family.

Thank you very much for sharing your invaluable knowledge & experiences.

Viliem2013

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
7,830 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bangkok airway

In late November early December I would go for Phuket as Samui is at the tail end of the rainy season.

In Phuket check out Ibis Patong for a very affordable hotel close to the beach. But affordable and best never matches ;)

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bangkok airway

Can you ask booking.com to switch the hotel in Bangkok for hotel in Phuket ? Wouldn't herts to send them an emails.

Agee with LaOwei if November then head to Phuket for better weather as it is their dry season. November you will be in the middle of rainy season.

For the hotel check it out here www.sawadee.com/hotel/Phuket

Good luck

Melbourne, Australia
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Bangkok airway

Thank you for your advice. I just emailed Booking. Com re what you suggested. Awaiting for their response.

Thank you

Viliem2013

Melbourne, Australia
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Bangkok airway

Thank you for your advice. I just emailed Booking. Com re what you suggested. Awaiting for their response.

Thank you

Viliem2013

To IaOwei

I thank you to you for the valuable advice re choosing Phuket rather Koh Samui, as I realise that good weather has a huge impact on an enjoyable holiday. I am so glad to have you guy/ girl helping us out.

Sincerely yours