We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

True Move 3G Tourist Inter Sim : Where to get?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
117 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
True Move 3G Tourist Inter Sim : Where to get?

Hi,

Anyone knows where I can get the True Move 3G Tourist Inter Sim card : Value Pack 299THB?

Ref: …truecorp.co.th/3g/…2269

We will be arriving in Don Mueang and staying in Pratunam area.

Thanks!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
968 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: True Move 3G Tourist Inter Sim : Where to get?

You can buy it at a True Move store. I know there is one located here: http://goo.gl/maps/aSpPq

anywhere in the...
Level Contributor
361 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: True Move 3G Tourist Inter Sim : Where to get?

You can buy the true inter sim card at 7-11 stores.

Not all 7-11's will have one in stock, but usually I will get hold of one after trying 2 or 3 stores.

There are 7-11's everywhere in Bangkok.

Why are you staying in the Pratunam area BTW? I would recommend staying on sukhumvit.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: True Move 3G Tourist Inter Sim : Where to get?

An0nym0use - I think it's a bit odd to doubt/question the OP's choice of location. Especially without knowing why they chose it.

We stayed at Pratunam for 7 years in a row and have no regrets. Many people stay there, its nothing odd.

We have never stayed in Sukhumvit and will most likely never do and intend to be going to Bangkok annually for many more years.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,838 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: True Move 3G Tourist Inter Sim : Where to get?

Don't wander from one 7/11 to another looking for this SIM. Just go into a True shop in just about any mall and in the arcades surrounding big supermarkets like Big C or Tesco Lotus. DTAC and AIS have similar deals.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
117 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: True Move 3G Tourist Inter Sim : Where to get?

Thanks for the replies!

Will try to get one in a nearby 7-11. If that fails, maybe will try going into BIG C in front of Central World.

Do I just put the sim card into my phone, and I'll get the unlimited data plan for a week automatically? Or do I need to set or subscribe to any plans?

We'll be staying in Pratunam because this time, it's a shopping trip. Hotel is just walking distance to all the shopping malls :)

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,838 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: True Move 3G Tourist Inter Sim : Where to get?

Go into the True shop inside Central World and get them to set it up for you. Don't waste your time going to 7/11s.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
117 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: True Move 3G Tourist Inter Sim : Where to get?

Oh, there's one in Central World? Even better! Thanks for the info! :)

1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: True Move 3G Tourist Inter Sim : Where to get?

Do they have nano sim for iPhone 5?

Bangkok
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: True Move 3G Tourist Inter Sim : Where to get?

...........WARNING...........

DO NOT BUY TRUEMOVE H TOURIST SIM. The 7 day unlimited internet is useless

This company has very little coverage and trying to get 3G to work in many tourist spots is a nightmare. Better to pay more for happy or AIS and not have frustration.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
97 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: True Move 3G Tourist Inter Sim : Where to get?

We used DTAC Happy Tourist sims and were very happy with the performance. Internet coverage and speed was excellent. But then we were limited to Bkk and Koh Larn for a day. Yes they do have nano sim cards. We got ours right at the airport.