We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning to visit (first time) Bangkok, pattaya, puket

Dhaka, null...
2 posts
Save Topic
Planning to visit (first time) Bangkok, pattaya, puket

Hi,

I am from Bangladesh. We (me & my wife) are planning to visit (first time) Bangkok, pattaya, puket (or other nice place) on 24-31 October 2013. Can anyone suggest me details tour plan (list of the main sights, economy hotel, detailed information on trouble free transfers by train, taxi, bus or any tour package or guide)

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,219 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning to visit (first time) Bangkok, pattaya, puket

Hi,

Three locations in seven days, I think you are being a little optimistic. From Bangkok you can travel to Pattaya by bus, journey time is over two hours. If you plan on visiting Phuket you are better off flying since it is far away from Bangkok. Moreover, it is not served by rail. Check these budget airlines:

www.airasia.com

www.nokair.com

Hope this helps for a start.

Edited: 22 September 2013, 21:31
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,007 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning to visit (first time) Bangkok, pattaya, puket

I agree, too much for 7 days, pick either Pattaya or Phuket, both similar in terms of being touristy, but Phuket has better beaches and tours.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,762 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning to visit (first time) Bangkok, pattaya, puket

I too would suggest only 2 destinations one definately being Bangkok, I would suggest Phuket as the other.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,988 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning to visit (first time) Bangkok, pattaya, puket

Agree pick Bangkok and 1 other destination.

Read up on Phuket and Pattaya and pick one that suits you best. Personally I would do Bangkok and Phuket.

Then go to each destinations forum and read the FAQ's on the right.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning to visit (first time) Bangkok, pattaya, puket

I agree stick to 2 destinations, bus from Bangkok to Pattaya costs about US$3 and is cheaper but beach not good, but ferry t island from Pattaya about $1 each way, beach from Pattaya, $5 return trip to beaches, day at a Water Park about $3.30 , trips around town THB 10 ( approx US$ 30 cents ) so a lot cheaper.

Use budget airlines if you plan to visit Phuket

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,859 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning to visit (first time) Bangkok, pattaya, puket

Bus ride to Phuket takes too much time at 12 hours. You would have to buy plane tickets from and back to Bangkok. Phuket is more expensive than Bangkok and Pattaya.

You should read the FAQ's on the right side for "things to see and do" in various cities. Also do a forum search. If you are using a smart phone switch to a real computer. More stuff shows up on a real computer.

Your time is short so that visiting just 2 places would make more sense. For tours you can sign one to one at a local travel agency one day and leave the next morning.

For hotel help you should mention your price range. There are many old posts with hotel recommendations you might want to look over. Settle on an area and then fit the hotel to your budget.

Good luck.

Dhaka, null...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Planning to visit (first time) Bangkok, pattaya, puket

Thanks all for information and recommendation.

8. Re: Planning to visit (first time) Bangkok, pattaya, puket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2014, 05:18