We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri or Siam Kempinski

Colombo
Level Contributor
10 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri or Siam Kempinski

Hi there, We'll be traveling with kids to bkk and I want to know which hotel from the above would be most ideal for shopping and dining. I know the Kempinski is right next to the Siam Paragon but the GCPHR is also kid friendly with a kids club. Which one would you pick?

Thanks so much! :)

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,396 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri or Siam Kempinski

Tough call I would consider the Kempinski the better hotel but with kids you might consider the Grande Centre Point, what it comes down to really is how much time are you going to want to spend hanging around the hotel? How old are the kids?

Bangkok, Thailand
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri or Siam Kempinski

Kempinski is definitely better and more upscale. Plus super easy to travel by BTS Skytrain.

Colombo
Level Contributor
10 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri or Siam Kempinski

Hi LondonChris_S and BKKADVISOR, Thanks for the prompt replies! Well one will be 1 and the other almost 3 by the time we plan to go. We want to explore the city a bit as well so we were thinking 3 days sightseeing and 3 days shopping. Want to be able to get a quick bite, get some shopping done etc. In terms of shopping, which place is closest to Central World and MBK?

Thank you!!

Edited: 25 September 2013, 09:10
Colombo
Level Contributor
10 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri or Siam Kempinski

By the way, how is BKK in April?

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri or Siam Kempinski

Hi

I don't know the center point. From Siam Kempinski are only 5 -10 mins walk to both MBK and central world.

Colombo
Level Contributor
10 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri or Siam Kempinski

Thank you all my global friends! :)

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,839 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri or Siam Kempinski

Bangkok will be at its hottest in April just like the rest of Thailand. Most schools have holiday between semesters in April, so you can expect to see more local visitors in attractions serving kids.

Thais celebrate their traditional New Year on April 13-16. These days are public holidays and many people head back home to the provinces to celebrate. This means very high transportation bookings just before and after these dates, and a large number of road accidents and fatalities. Many Bangkok businesses may have a shortage of service staff, because many elect to be out of town on their holidays. The water fight events are pretty well confined to few areas in Bangkok, with Silom and Khao San Road being the most famous ones.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,817 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri or Siam Kempinski

Check out the Grande Centre Point Terminal 21. It's newer than the one at Ratchadamri and part of the recently-opened Terminal 21 mall with all sorts of restaurants and cafes. And it's right on the Skywalk with direct access to both the BTS and MRT mass transit systems. I stayed there last year. The rooms are beautiful with stunning views of the skyline.

Colombo
Level Contributor
10 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri or Siam Kempinski

Thank you :)

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
887 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri or Siam Kempinski

I would recommend Grande Centre Point Hotel, as it is located in Pratunam, which has more shopping and dining options compared to Siam.

Regards mypackagetrip