We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is Bangkok weather recently?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic

I read a couple of news about Typhoon Wutip heading to Thailand and will bring heavy rain to Northern and North East part of Thailand.

I worry about the consequences of the heavy rain toward Bangkok as I flying to BKK this Wed as my first BKK trip.

bangkokpost.com/news/local/372255/typhoon-wu…

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,857 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How is Bangkok weather recently?

It has been typical monsoon season weather with variable amounts of clouds and rain. When it is not cloudy the air feels hot and very humid. When it is very cloudy the temperatures drop noticeable so that I actually need a blanket in the wee hours despite sleeping with just a fan.

The past weekend the forecast was "very cloudy with 70% chance of rain" as a result of the aftereffects of the previous Usagi storm. The reality in eastern Bangkok not far from the airport was that on Saturday and Sunday it was fairly sunny with some clouds. Light rain started at 9pm on Sunday and turned at 10om into a very heavy downpour that lasted about hour. In the morning there was a short light rain shower and the rest of the day it has been half cloudy.

There is no reason to expect any particular short term problems in Bangkok when they are forecasting heavy rains for the Northeast and North.

2. Re: How is Bangkok weather recently?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2014, 06:21