We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Double Tree on Sukhumvit

Delhi
9 posts
Save Topic
Double Tree on Sukhumvit

Hii

I am looking to book Double tree on sukhumvit road. Is it a good location? This is my first time in bangkok so am not really sure. Other option I have is Hilton Millenium. I also have the option of Conrad and Hilton at Sukhumvit. Suggestions?

Edited: 30 September 2013, 12:39
Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
881 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Double Tree on Sukhumvit

Hi Bal S,

It all depends on what you want to do while you're in BKK (shopping or visiting temples). Sukhumvit Rd. is probably one of the most desirable road to be on. Key to picking a hotel I think is being close to public transportation, like BTS or MRT

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,857 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Double Tree on Sukhumvit

The goodness of the location depends on what you plan to do while in Bangkok. Millenium Hilton is great if you plan to relax enjoying the river views and spend most of your time visiting the temples and other cultural sights on the river. The others are fairly close to the BTS rail network stations which enables you to travel quickly to the Central Business District, the big shopping malls, markets and nightlife.

The very newly opened Hilton at Sukhumvit would be closest to a BTS station (Phrom Phong), as well as the Emporium shopping mall, but Double Tree is only a little bit further away. Conrad is a bit further from Phloen Chit station, but the distance is still quite walkable.

I suggest reading the TripAdvisor hotel reviews to get a sense of the hotels in other respects.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,319 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Double Tree on Sukhumvit

Double Tree is not a very convenient location. Your nearest BTS station would be Phrom Pong. Depending how fast you walk, for me as a slow walker it is 20 mins. Taxis are also not so easy, generally plenty around but Soi 26 is very often jammed, and you will inch your way to the junction at Sukhumvit. There is not much to do on Soi 26 except K -Village, also a longer walk towards Rama IV Rd. I would rather go for one of your other options.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Double Tree on Sukhumvit

Hello, I am travelling to Bangkok on 4 October and I have booked Emporium Suites on Sukhumwit Road. Its 2 minutes walk from Phrong Phong BTS and adjacent to Emporium Shopping Mall. It looks great and has excellent reviews on tripadvisor. Think about it.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293916-d308907…

They have some good offers at the moment around 5,000 THB for a room with taxes and breakfast.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,108 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Double Tree on Sukhumvit

Do look for an hotel at pratunam.

Lemontea is a new one and I am sure you will like it.

tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Review-g293916-d4014584…

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
887 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Double Tree on Sukhumvit

Below link will give you visuals on location of Double Tree, it is 300m from Phrom Phong BTS and The Emporium mall.

agoda.com/pages/…

I suggest these areas for Indians travelers to Bangkok, both has large options of Indian Restaurants.

Shopping Lovers: Pratunam area, 6-7 quality malls in that area for all range(Indians find it hard to cover malls like MBK and Platinum Fashion Mall in two days).

Night Lovers: Sukhumvit area (Night Life, street market and high end Malls)

7. Re: Double Tree on Sukhumvit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2014, 06:21