We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

air asia

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Port Augusta...
Level Contributor
109 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
air asia

Hi guys

We (husband, wife, and 17 year old) are looking at travelling to Bangkok from Adelaide via KL. We have been looking at Air Asia, does anyone have any experience travelling this route?

Thanks in advance

Christine

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: air asia

Air Asia is a good airline, you can check out the recent reviews for the same route on the www.airlinequality.com website.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,163 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: air asia

Thousands of people use Air asia without problems, its a good airline.

Port Augusta...
Level Contributor
109 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: air asia

Thanks. We have flown with Air Asia before, I was really more interested in their international flight Adl to Bangkok.

Port Augusta...
Level Contributor
109 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: air asia

i have rung air asia, question was do they provide food and entertainment like other airlines or do you pay on board?

Very difficult when you can't understand them.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: air asia

I think you will find when booking that you can select meals and entertainment as an extra charge. My experience with AA flying into KL low cost carrier terminal was arriving tired, hungry and thirsty and being herded into an arrivals halls where there were insufficient immigration staff and hundreds of people treated like cattle.....2.5 hours later we were able to go and collect our bags and freshen up. However, having said that if you only go through transit at KL that won't be a problem.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,436 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: air asia

You can buy meals on board but I have always pre booked them before I fly.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
38,897 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: air asia

If you've flown AirAsia before then thee is no difference between basis on both international and domestic flights from any country. See FAQs at lcct.com.my/help/faqs/airasia-faqs-before-yo…

Port Augusta...
Level Contributor
109 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: air asia

Thanks everyone. Last time we flew Air Asia it was KL to Singapore. Very short. Not hours! Will order food when booking.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
38,897 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: air asia

KL to Bangkok is even shorter, just over an hour. I wouldn't bother with food or drinks!

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,833 posts
410 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: air asia

Hi Greg, the Adelaide flights with Air Asia have not started yet, first flight leaving Adelaide is October 31st :)

Cathy