We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from airport to hotel

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
from airport to hotel

hi is it quite easy to use the ARL from the airport with suitcases and go with BTS and then boat to the Chatrium Riverside hotel ? Thanx

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,266 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from airport to hotel

With suitcases and after a long flight I think a taxi is easiest. Approx 400 bath.

But have a read of the FAQ: How to get from the AIRPORT to your HOTEL on the right. Mind its doesn't show on mobiles so you need a PC.

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,405 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from airport to hotel

Hi,

Do read the link below:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293915-c116554/Thail…

It depends on how heavy your suitcases are and how you feel after a flight.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: from airport to hotel

I would also take a taxi. Inexpensive and right outside the terminal....after a long flight!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,901 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: from airport to hotel

It will require taking the train to Rajprarop then 1) changing to BTS at PhayaThai then 2) changing at Siam to 3) Taksin then walking to the pier to 4) take the boat.

Berkshire
Level Contributor
423 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: from airport to hotel

Personally, I'm guessing there are 2 of you and so, by the time you double the (small) cost of ARL and the other items like BTS and boat, give yourself a real treat for a few Rand more, take a door to door taxi and get your holiday off to a relaxing start.

My wife and I arrive on Saturday and that's exactly my plan, even though we have a simpler trip than you do. :o)

Whatever you decide, have a wonderful trip.

Edited: 02 October 2013, 20:17
Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: from airport to hotel

thank you so much ! You don`t think the taxi`s take to long because of heavy traffic ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,266 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: from airport to hotel

No, its best way to Chatrium Riverside from airport IMO.

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
858 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: from airport to hotel

I believe Long is a district (Amphoe) in the western part of Phrae Province, so you are likely to encounter heavy traffic at some point along the way.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: from airport to hotel

Don't expect any concessions from other passengers on the busy ARL just because you're loaded down with bags!

10. Re: from airport to hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2014, 06:20