We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfer from DMK to BKK

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
28 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
transfer from DMK to BKK

Hi,

We are traveling from Bali to Bangkok (DMK) in the month of December and have a connecting flight to Koh Samui from BKK. Our flight arrives in DMK at 3:15 pm and our flight out of BKK is at 7:45 pm. We are citizens of India and will need a Visa on arrival. Do I have enough time to clear customs, get my visa and get to BKK from DMK. What is the best/fastest transportation option to get between airports.

I would really appreciate some guidance on this.

Thank you

stockport
Level Contributor
1,314 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: transfer from DMK to BKK

taxi is fastest, theres plenty outside

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
16,749 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transfer from DMK to BKK

You have plenty of time. Unless there's a major problem, you should be through Immigration and baggage claim by 16:15. So you could take a free shuttle bus to save some money. You need to check in at BKK at about 19:00 at the latest.

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
885 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transfer from DMK to BKK

Just few smart advice for faster visa on arrival:

Download visa on arrival form and prefill it.

Make sure you have cash 1000 thb per person as visa fee.

Stand in line with these documents: passport , visa on arrival form , return ticket and 1000 thb

Visa officer will give you token number for immigration counter.

Most of my guests were able clear visa on arrival in 20 min.

Regards Team Mypackagetrip

Alkmaar, The...
Level Contributor
105 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transfer from DMK to BKK

Spot on number 2. No need to waste money on a taxi. You'll have plenty of time to take a free shuttle bus which leaves DMK on the hour. Trip to BKK will take you about 60 minutes. So just aim for the 5PM bus. When you miss that one then take a taxi.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
28 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transfer from DMK to BKK

Really appreciate all the valuable advice. Pallavi, thank you for the tips. We will keep the documents ready.

6. Re: transfer from DMK to BKK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2014, 06:20