We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Bangkok for 4 nights in good location

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
131 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in Bangkok for 4 nights in good location

So many posts and information but I'm still overwhelmed! I am looking for a hotel in Bangkok with a great location for a first time visitor. It would be so great to find a hotel with a little personality and local, Bangkok feel vs. some big high rise. But, location and budget trump all. And, a pool would be nice too. Have learned that the Sukhumvit, Silom and Siam areas are all nice (sorry for the mispellings). And apparently the river area is nice too.

Please recommend hotel ideas. We are looking for something that is affordable, $100-$150/night range (We request clean, nice accommodations with some personality in a good location for first time visitors to Bangkok.

Thank you.

Gretchen

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Bangkok for 4 nights in good location

Hi

With your budget have look at Siam @ Siam hotel. The hotel is only 5-10 mins walk to all the malls MBK, Siam discovery, Siam mall, Siam square, central world just to name a few.

Also is right next to sky train ( national stadium station). The hotel have the infinity pool on 11th floor.

Cheers,

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,489 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Bangkok for 4 nights in good location

As sweetpea mentioned that is a good area.

Also look at the Pathumwan Princess which has a floor leading directly into the MBK shopping mall.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,375 posts
1,558 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Bangkok for 4 nights in good location

You are going to get stacks of responses from all of us with our favourites which will confuse you even more.

..but what the heck here goes....I liked the Presidents Palace in Sukhumvit. Very close to the BTS off the main road in a vibrant area with a market at the end of the street. The soi contains restaurants bars massages and supermarket.

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g293916-d120…

Ive also stayed at marriott Empire Place Sathorn at which I also enjoyed:

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g293916-d216…

Both review well.

Tommo

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,268 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Bangkok for 4 nights in good location

Shangri La on the riverside. Close to BTS station and Central Pier for visiting Grand Palace and Wats.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in Bangkok for 4 nights in good location

Stunning jungle pool,low rise building,astonishing food,genuinely friendly thai staff,on the BTS,only one place to be-SWISS HOTEL NAI LERT PARK.

swissotel.com/hotels/bangkok-nai-lert-park/

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in Bangkok for 4 nights in good location

My budget only £40 per night, is it any hotel reach the above request too?

Thanks

7. Re: Hotel in Bangkok for 4 nights in good location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 October 2013, 13:07
London, United...
Level Contributor
13,268 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel in Bangkok for 4 nights in good location

steplulu,

Check www.sawadee.com for hotels in your budget.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel in Bangkok for 4 nights in good location

I wonder so quick to remove that respond. must against the rules!!

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,435 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel in Bangkok for 4 nights in good location

" We are looking for something that is affordable, $100-$150/night range (We request clean, nice accommodations with some personality in a good location for first time visitors to Bangkok.)"

Still waiting for someone to ask for a dirty hotel in Bangkok! Affordable. In Bangkok a hotel around $20 US will have air conditioning, private toilet, TV clean sheets and towels. So any room around $100 on up is not too bad!

A hotel with "good personality and good feel" might be a place also less convenient for other things. My preference is a hotel convenient for walking out the door to many things nearby in the morning or late evening. (Restaurants, malls, street vendors, nightlife, supermarkets, etc. And the Skytrain!) For me that would be the Nana area, Asoke area or the Siam area.

Other than "touchy-feely" stuff you don't mention any other preferences than a pool.

Pathumwan Princess. Walk to MBK. Many restaurants in that mall besides shopping opportunities. Open late too. Walk to Skytrain stop for rides to many other areas of Bangkok.

pprincess.com/rooms-and-suites/superior-room…

Good luck.