We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday morning in Bangkok

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
238 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday morning in Bangkok

We are arriving in Bangkok at 9pm and going straight to the Novotel at the Airport to sleep then up for a yummy breakfast. Our flight out is not till 1pm so we will have a little bit of time. What do you recommend we do. Stay at the hotel and enjoy it, or catch a taxi to MBK for an hour. You Bangkok experts help. We are in our 50's and not into too much running around or markets...but is MBK open on a Sunday?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,563 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday morning in Bangkok

Hi Tunn,

Suggest you don't make any trip to the city at all. Enjoy your time @ the pool & have a leisurely BF instead. As your flight is @ 1 pm, you both should be @ the airport by 11.am.

Edited: 11 October 2013, 08:36
Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,897 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday morning in Bangkok

Hi,

Since MBK opens at 10.00 but gets going later you will not have time to visit it. I would also stay near the airport unless you would like to experience some nightlife in Bangkok.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,021 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday morning in Bangkok

I think chilling out would be the way forward!

Hardly seems worth the taxi into the city and back for an hour.

4. Re: Sunday morning in Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 October 2013, 08:49
5. Re: Sunday morning in Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12 October 2013, 07:04
Pune, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday morning in Bangkok

Hi Dodger,

Some calculation error there :P.

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,802 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunday morning in Bangkok

I was laughing, too! Dodger--you been drinking?(as you queried another poster) I was thinking of the phrase "mind your P's and Q's--I'd be minding my PMs and AMs. hahaha

Edited: 11 October 2013, 19:02
London, United...
Level Contributor
13,532 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunday morning in Bangkok

Yep, was too early in the morning. LOL Well that's my excuse.

Edited: 11 October 2013, 19:18
Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
238 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunday morning in Bangkok

Ok thankyou.

We will have our boarding passes and no luggage so will not need to go through customs until about 11am for our flight to Vienna. As Bangkok time is 5hrs behind ours we will probably wake early. If we could get an early for breakfast ( if the hotel breakfast opens at 6-7am ) we could possibly taxi after breakfast to say the Grand Palace at opening time 8.30am - go in have a quick look and photo opportunity for 2 hrs then taxi back at 10am to be back by 11am. Is this too ambitious,??? What it the traffic like on a sunday morning in Bangkok?

Or would a Skytrain trip to the end of the line and straight back be better to look out the windows and see the city?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunday morning in Bangkok

time is not enough for your plans,stay at the hotel and relax.a train ride maybe but not Grand Palace.

Edited: 11 October 2013, 22:31