We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok Klongs tour in Thonburi

London, United...
14 posts
Save Topic
Bangkok Klongs tour in Thonburi

Hi

I want to be able to get into a long tailed boat and go along the Thonburi Klongs. From what I have researched the companies I have looked up require a minimum of 2 persons, and this is not possible as I am travelling solo.

Is there any other way I can do this and possibly even be able to stop for lunch?

Not sure if this has to be done using a tourist company only.

Thanks

Sam

X2 River Cruises
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Boat Hire, Speed Boats Tours, Private Tours
Bangkok My City
Cultural Tours, Bike Tours, Boat Tours, Night Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok Klongs tour in Thonburi

Hi Sam,

Find your way to Saphin Taskin/Central Pier and catch the regular passenger boat to Nonthaburi, cost I think is 40 baht and the trip takes about an hour - this trip is quite interesting in itself. Once at Nonthaburi you will be able to hire a small longtail boat for a tour of the local klongs. Should cost between 300-600 baht for an hour depending on your negotiating skills. Whilst at Nonthaburi walk up the main street past all the regular market shops and on the right hand side you will find a large fresh fruit and produce/wet market.

Happy travels.

Gof.

London, United...
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok Klongs tour in Thonburi

Gof

Perfect, thank you very much. Very detailed info.

Thanks again and have a good day.

Sam

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,863 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok Klongs tour in Thonburi

If you take the orange flag Chao Phraya Express Boat, the fare from Sathorn to Nonthaburi is 15 baht. chaophrayaexpressboat.com/en/…fares

4. Re: Bangkok Klongs tour in Thonburi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2014, 05:18