We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Operators in Bangkok

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Tour Operators in Bangkok

Hi Guys,

Need some help in verifying a tour operator that we're putting a deposit through.

The company name is Smile Excursion Deals Ltd. They gave us a proper invoice however when I searched in the internet for them, there's not much information but they seem legit. Is there any way to check if we're not just getting scammed? I mean, they're not asking us to put the deposit through straight away and the hotels they've provided us are real.

Any help would be much appreciated, don't want to lose $2000 in one go!! :)

Thank you.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,198 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Operators in Bangkok

If you have any doubts, then I say book with someone else from a known legitimate source. Never heard of this company - do they have a website?

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Operators in Bangkok

Yes, they have a website: www.smilebangkokdeals.com

Also they have a Facebook account too so which makes me believe that they're a real company..

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,198 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour Operators in Bangkok

Anyone can set up a Facebook account and a website (fraud happens that way all the time) and that website looks dodgy to me, I certainly wouldn't be sending $2000 to a complete unknown unless someone here can verify that they have used them. They may or may not be legitimate, but why take the chance. Your choice.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,565 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour Operators in Bangkok

What is $2000 going to buy?

Most tourists book their own hotels. You can sign on to tours all by yourself too. Transportation from airport to hotel is simple and well documented on this forum and other city forums. In major cities you can step into a close by travel agency and book a tour for cash right on the spot for a tour leaving the following morning with pick up from your hotel. Some hotels have tour desks too. You can also check out the Faq's on the side for private tours too.

Up to you!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour Operators in Bangkok

Check out Sawadee Comfort Suites but do not book through it. Call the owner directly. Pay only when you arrive. Used their service on my very first trip to Thailand and it saves me a bundle, got to see all the famous tourist dens and many hidden gems. Recommended it to friends and none had a bad experience. Just couldn't understand why they do not advertise but only take refferrals.

Btw, the owner is a 'farang with a local spouse'. Super nice couple.

But it's your choice to make among the numerous operators available in Thailand.

Have a nice and safe trip!

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour Operators in Bangkok

Thanks for the feedback guys, we'll just look into other options then. :)

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tour Operators in Bangkok

www.orientalescape.com is reputable, has great english speaking guides, good vehicles and drivers. Always on ime. I've used them all over Thailand.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tour Operators in Bangkok

Twice I used this agent,has an office on Silom road close to Sala daeng bts station,you can email them with your requests,I only pay in their office.

http://www.aandftour.com/about_us.htm

Edited: 16 October 2013, 19:17
9. Re: Tour Operators in Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 November 2013, 20:35
London, United...
Level Contributor
13,373 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tour Operators in Bangkok

"we just charge some little profit." that bit made me smile.