We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hotel for Short Stay

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Hotel for Short Stay

Hey guys!

My boyfriend and I are going to Thailand for 3 weeks in December.

We are thinking of staying in Bangkok for 2 nights at the start of our trip, and then another 1 at the end.

As we're only there for a short while, we wondered if anyone could recommend the best are for us to stay in or the best hotel. We are looking for somewhere convenient to see the attractions - Grand Palace, markets, etc.... (we will be probably go shoppingto malls on our stay at the end of the trip though)

I have been looking at Sukhumvit area, but was wondering if there was somewhere even better?

Look forward to hearing from you all!

Thanks

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,532 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Hotel for Short Stay

Riverside in the beginning for access to the Grand Palace, temples, Flower Market, Chinatown using the Chao Phraya Express boats. Ibis Bangkok Riverside is one good budget-friendly option if the luxury hotels like Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok are too expensive.

For the last bout of shopping the Siam area should be good. A fairly cheap option would be Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Hotel for Short Stay

Hi,

I support Goodsoil's suggestions.

First leg : Riverside where you could also consider Chatrium Riverside or Ramada Menam Riverside, both within $70-90/night. And also nearness to Asiatique the newest shopping mall & seafood restaurants.

Second leg : Apart from Siam area, could also consider staying @ Pathumwan Princess next to MBK where you have countless retail shops and restaurants serving a broad spectrum of cuisines. Or Sukhumvit, lower Sois where you have street food, night entertainment, restaurants, bars & massage parlors in abundance. Hotel suggestions include The Landmark, Adelphi Suites & Grand Sukhumvit.

Edited: 16 October 2013, 13:28
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Hotel for Short Stay

Hi,

I just wanna second #1 post for Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam recommendation. Walking distance from all shopping malls to get your last shopping in Bangkok done with ease.

Travel safe.

Edited: 16 October 2013, 13:43
Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,782 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Hotel for Short Stay

"he best are for us to stay in or the best hotel ...."

Since you must be really loaded to afford the best then it shouldn't matter too much where your hotel is located since you will be using taxis anyway. Bangkok is a huge city. Some hotels convenient for one thing may not be convenient for other things. Got a lot of money - Riverside is a good location for you!

Couple possibilities to research.

Siam Kempinski.

kempinski.com/en/bangkok/siam-hotel/welcome/

Peninsula.

peninsula.com/Bangkok/…default.aspx

A hotel near MBK might be okay for your shopping on your return. Pathumwan Princess is popular. Right at a Skytrain stop and easy walk to MBK.

http://www.pprincess.com/

Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Hotel for Short Stay

Thanks for your advice.

Will research into them.

As for having lots of money Infadel - I wish!!! What i meant was the best for us to see the most we can in two days not the most luxurious!

Thanks

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Hotel for Short Stay

Holiday inn express and Ibis riverside as you have been advised are really good and on a budget,if you want to spent a bit more go for Chatrium riverside.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Hotel for Short Stay

Plenty of hotels in Riverside area are less expensive, include Bossotel on that list. Less than 5 minutes walk from Saphan Taksin BTS and the pier. If its the sites and temples you want then this area is best.

Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Hotel for Short Stay

Thank you!

I've found a few nice budget hotels in Sukhumvit, but would you definitely sway towards Riverside? Thinking now maybe to stick to Sukhumvit for the first two nights, and splash out on the Chatrium for our last night!

I'm just overwhelmed sorry!!!

Thanks

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,082 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Hotel for Short Stay

see the rooms and the view

www.tripadvisor.com/members-videos/tsopanos

10. Re: Best Hotel for Short Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2014, 05:18