We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest airport transfer Bangkok airport to city centre

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Cheapest airport transfer Bangkok airport to city centre

Hi

We are 4 adults that need a taxi / large car from the airport in January.

We have all been before and the taxi's are small so only accomodate 2 and airport limo service expensive.

I have seen articles saying it should be possible to get a car/ van for around 1000 to 1200 but I can't seem to find them.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,405 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest airport transfer Bangkok airport to city centre

Hi,

Oriental Escape:

orientalescape.com/thailand/…bangkok.html

Two taxis at about 400 baht each would be cheaper though.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest airport transfer Bangkok airport to city centre

Hi

Thanks. Looked at oriental escape but 1600 baht for 4 people and 4 bags. We want to travel together as elderly parents with us.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest airport transfer Bangkok airport to city centre

Definitely two taxis wuld be cheaper than a limo, There are a few larger minibus size metered taxis, you may get lucky. Not arriving at peak times we usually pay around 250-300bht (including tolls) to Sukhumvit area.

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
885 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapest airport transfer Bangkok airport to city centre

When you in taxi lane at airport, the person which collects your name tell that person that you need Toyata Innova which is a larger vehicle. It will cost 1.5 times or twice but all passenger will be in one vehicle and cheaper than hiring mini van.

In April this year, one of my group were 4 adults and one kid, they were quoted fixed rate of 800 baht at mid night.

…wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a6/Taxis_…

Regards Pallavi from mypackagetrip

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,435 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheapest airport transfer Bangkok airport to city centre

"We are 4 adults that need a taxi / large car from the airport in January..."

"I have seen articles saying it should be possible to get a car/ van for around 1000 to 1200 but I can't seem to find them...."

Two meter taxis from the Suvarnabhumi Airport is around 400 baht each. If you have so much stuff you can't fit everyone in one taxi use 2 taxis! Save money too!

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,435 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheapest airport transfer Bangkok airport to city centre

"Cheapest airport transfer Bangkok airport to city centre..."

Where is your hotel located?

Cheapest way from SUVARNABHUMI might work out to be by Airport Rail Link together with the Skytrain. Unless you arrive after midnight!

Using the Rail Link (City Line) to Pratunam is 45 baht each. Skytrain to many places 30 or 40 baht more. But you have to carry your own bags and your hotel on the Skytrain route..

7. Re: Cheapest airport transfer Bangkok airport to city centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2014, 06:21