We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timeframe for getting to Don Mueang airport

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
19 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Timeframe for getting to Don Mueang airport

We are taking an Air Asia flight from Don Mueang airport on a Friday, and the flight departs at 10:30am. I know we need to be at the airport and checked-in by 9:30. We'll be taking a taxi to Don Mueang from Bangkok (near the Grand Palace). I hear a lot of horror stories about Bangkok traffic. What time should we leave our hotel if we wanted to get to DM by 9am? And should we just flag a taxi off the street or would it be better to call one and schedule a pickup time in advance?

Thanks!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,760 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Timeframe for getting to Don Mueang airport

Hi,

Just as a small point of correction.. The formal deadline to check-in for a Thai AirAsia (FD) flight is in fact 0:45.. not 0:60 (Contract Section 6.1.1)

On your base question of the time.. I think you'd be fine if you were in your taxi by 08:00... This gives you essentially an hour of on-road time to get there by your target time of 09:00.. Ample in my mind.

Do you flag one on the street? You can.. At many hotels, they'll do this for you and without charge.. Just be sure that however you get the taxi, that they use meter rates (a requirement)...

Travel Safe,

Edited: 24 October 2013, 00:31
Sacramento...
Level Contributor
19 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Timeframe for getting to Don Mueang airport

Perfect, thank you! :)

3. Re: Timeframe for getting to Don Mueang airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2014, 06:20