We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok----Pukhet-----Koh Tao-----Chiang Mai

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Bangkok----Pukhet-----Koh Tao-----Chiang Mai

Hi there,

I am trying to figure out the best route. I fly into Bangkok Monday Nov 25th and will go to all the four citites above. I just need to know which is the best way to get to each place and which order I should go in.

Bangkok ---- Nov 25-28

Koh Tao 6 days for diving course

Pukhet 6 days for Muay Thai week long camp

Chiang Mai for a 5 day Thai Massage Class that start only on Mondays of each week.

22 days in total in Thailand.

Hope someone could help me out that would be wonderful.

Thanks

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,922 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok----Pukhet-----Koh Tao-----Chiang Mai

Hi,

From Bangkok to Koh Tao you could travel by Lomprayah bus+catamaran. There are two daily departures at 06.00 and 21.00 arriving at 14.45 and 08.45. You can also travel with Lomprayah from Koh Tao to Phuket. Depart Koh Tao at 06.00 arrive Phuket 14.30

See www.lomprayah.com

From Phuket to Chiang Mai via Bangkok check out the budget airlines Nok Air: www.nokair.com and Air Asia: www.airasia.com

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,115 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok----Pukhet-----Koh Tao-----Chiang Mai

Also Nok Air do a flight/bus/ferry combo ticket to Koh Tao (via Chumphon). You could fly from Samui (ferry ride from Koh Tao) to Phuket direct, but that does tend to be expensive.

If nothing is booked yet I would just warn you that it is monsoon season in Koh Tao at that time and not the best time for diving due to rough sea conditions. If it was me I would be looking at doing the diving course on the west coast around Phuket where sea conditions would generally be better, in which case I would go"

Bangkok

Chiang Mai

Phuket

all with cheap internal flights.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok----Pukhet-----Koh Tao-----Chiang Mai

Thanks so much that is great to know about monsoon season I didn't even consider that. Is there another island on the west coast that would be ideal for diving besides Phuket? I just wanted to see another island that's all. . I appreciate this I didn't even consider that.

Also thanks for the airline ideas and how to get from each place.

Thanks to the both of you

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,115 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok----Pukhet-----Koh Tao-----Chiang Mai

Phi Phi might be worth looking at.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok----Pukhet-----Koh Tao-----Chiang Mai

Cassnu, thanks I will look into Phi Phi. I emailed the diving company on Koh Tao about the monsoons and they said it will be fine but maybe they just need money since it will be low season for them. hmmm I will keep researching this. Thanks again

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,115 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bangkok----Pukhet-----Koh Tao-----Chiang Mai

As November is right in the middle of monsoon season and seas can be very rough at that time I don't see how anyone could say there would be good visibility at that time in Koh Tao, although I guess some of the deeper places wouldn't be so affected.

7. Re: Bangkok----Pukhet-----Koh Tao-----Chiang Mai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2014, 05:21