We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go out???

Doreen, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go out???

Hi we are travelling to Bangkok for 2 nights in Jan and will want to experience the nightlife.

Any recommendations for a couple in their early 30s to go out and have a dance and a few drinks? We are staying at Siam@Siam.

Thanks everyone.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
16,554 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go out???

Any quick Google check will give you"Bangkok Nightlife." Do a forum search too. There is go-go bar and cheaper beer bar nightlife and tony - trendy nightclubs.

Go-go and beer bars check out Sukhumvit Nana area and Soi Cowboy. Rachada area has nightclubs.

traveltipsthailand.com/bangkok/…

Have fun.

Doreen, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go out???

Thanks heaps :)

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
6,128 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go out???

RCA. Its a strip of clubs that plays everything from rock to hip-hop to techno. The clientele is mostly Thai.

Another option is Khao San rd, with its a street that was a hippie/backpacker haven back in the day. Now its mainly trustafarians although its still a nice area to walk around, sit, drink and eat in. Some clubs I know are Club Culture (really good electronic) and Brick bar which plays ska on certain nights, one of my favs actually.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go out???

Go to Soi Cowboy. I was there in August and had a blast. Good place to go for a drink or either people watch..

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
21 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go out???

Can you be more specific?

For Thai-stlye clubs/pubs/live music, I highly recommend:

Tawan Daeng (Pattanakarn Soi 7 -- not too far from Phra Khanong BTS -- grab a taxi there and its abour 2.5km/40 baht) Starts at 100pm. No cover, dresss code, etc. You can get a bottle as whiskey for as little as 750Baht! 5km from Ekkamai BTS)

Other Thai places: Chaikaphakkhai (Lad Phrao 83) Sangjan (Ram-Intra -- about 5 mins from Ekkamai BTS)

Also, look at Brick Bar after 1000pm, Ad Here the 13th (starts 930pm)

Mike

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go out???

"Tawan Daeng (Pattanakarn Soi 7 -- not too far from Phra Khanong BTS -- grab a taxi there and its abour 2.5km/40 baht) Starts at 100pm. No cover, dresss code, etc. You can get a bottle as whiskey for as little as 750Baht! 5km from Ekkamai BTS)"

Don't confuse with German Beer Garden of same name. But it is also great fun, pretty good food, big two story open floor plan, brewry in center, big auditooreum with fantastic stage show of music, bands, comedy, singers. Very popular with locals--good way to enjoy a Thai style evening out for fun.

Edited: 28 October 2013, 13:50
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
21 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to go out???

Good point !!! YES, there is more than 1 Tawan Daeng....

The one I mentioned seats about 1200 people on 1 floor -- there is another one across the street "Isaan Tawan Daeng" that is smaller. Its a wooden barn with red lights. Different style of music. Seats about 600.

The German Tawan Daeng is on Rama 3. It is also very good -- about 70% Thai/30% foreigner. More upscale, etc. but still a lot of fun.if you go here, go early!! It opens at 5pm and closes 100am sharp.

The others open around 10:00pm-230am.

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to go out???

hcatimesplitter---I too like both the Isaan night clubs. I've been to both many times. Have been the only farang in the club on several occassions. Always great fun. Isaan people and music are great. I might even stop in again as I'm coming back to Bangkok on holiday 3-16 Nov13. Four days countdown!

Edited: 28 October 2013, 19:27
9. Re: Where to go out???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2014, 05:21