We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel time/cost from DMK to Siam@Siam

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Picton, NSW
Level Contributor
93 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Travel time/cost from DMK to Siam@Siam

Hi All

I have tried to find a post on this but can't find anything.

Looking at flying into DMK rather than BKK from REP to save some $$ but wanted to find out the distance & make sure the savings want be taken up by a more expensive taxi fare.

Thanks again

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,563 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel time/cost from DMK to Siam@Siam

Hi Nomes,

The taxi trip should take about 30-40 minutes. Cost should be about Bht 350-400 including Bht 50 for airport surcharge, Bht 110 for toll charges on expressway. I estimate that the journey from DMK Airport to city is at least 5 km sorter than from BKK Airport.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,528 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel time/cost from DMK to Siam@Siam

Hi,

It's going to be pretty close..

Given the Siam@Siam is in the center part of town, I think you'll come in a bit cheaper than from BKK, but the savings aren't going to be overly dramatic..

I think you'll see a total fare of around B275 to around B300 tops.. That compares to around B300 to B350 or so from BKK and to the father western parts of town (BKK is on the far east side of the city, DMK is to the north)

Travel Safe,

Edited: 26 October 2013, 02:24
Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,825 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel time/cost from DMK to Siam@Siam

"Looking at flying into DMK rather than BKK from REP to save some $$ but wanted to find out the distance & make sure the savings want be taken up by a more expensive taxi fare."

If you really need to save money a cheaper hotel would save you quite a bit! A hotel at half the price of the Siam @ Siam is not too bad too!

Have a nice holiday in Thailand.

Picton, NSW
Level Contributor
93 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel time/cost from DMK to Siam@Siam

wow, thanks so much...great specific advice that is very useful.

Thanks Infidelal, I understand where you are coming from but I've got a large trip planned & a lot of short flights from Siagon all the way to Phuket & the difference with my date of flying is quite substantial as Bangkok Air is 300US each, Angkor Air slightly cheaper at 191US each & Air Asia is coming in at $150 AUD for both my husband & I.

Such a difference which is crazy but I understand there is a monopoly so not much can be done, thank goodness for Air Asia :)

5. Re: Travel time/cost from DMK to Siam@Siam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2014, 05:22