We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

time from hualamphong train station to the airport

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
time from hualamphong train station to the airport

Please help!

I'll arrive from Chiang Mai on Saturday at 6:40am and my plane leaves at 10:20am.

Considering it is a Saturday, will I make it on time on a taxi right outside the station??

thanks!!!!!

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,552 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: time from hualamphong train station to the airport

Which airport? You have Suvarnabhumi (BKK) or Don Muang (DMK).

I'll assume BKK as if DMK the train from Chiang Mai stops there anyway.

The trains are notorious for being late. So assuming you need to get to BKK, I'd get off at Don Muang and take a taxi to BKK from there. Could save you an hour of valuable time.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: time from hualamphong train station to the airport

Thank you USBusinessTraveller!

If I get off at Don Muang, will it be around 5:40am? That's pretty much enough time to get to BKK by 7:20am, right?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,552 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: time from hualamphong train station to the airport

That should work.There's a review of the bus service between the airports running now that timed DMK to BKK at 50 minutes (at midday) so it looks good with a taxi. I'll defer to others if they feel differently, perhaps over taxi availability at that early hour, although Air Asia has international arrivals from India at 3.20 and 5.55, so I'd expect taxis to be positioned there ready for those.

Another option is to get off at Bang Sue Junction (usually the last stop before Huanglamphong). Walk 5 minutes to the MRT (underground) station and take a train to Phetchaburi. Use the skybridge to connect to Makkasan and take the Airport Rail link to BKK. That will definitely save time over taking the train all the way to Hualamphong.

Edited: 30 October 2013, 05:39
Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,577 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: time from hualamphong train station to the airport

"....my plane leaves at 10:20am."

I would spend the last night in Bangkok. See the city, eat some good meals, check out the nightlife and do final shopping. Arrive the day before, if the train is late you don't lose an expensive flight home. If you fly out of Suvarnabhumi you can even use cheap rail service in the morning. A hotel near the Skytrain might work out pretty good.

If you wait to the last minute when you use the train to Bangkok - besides normal late arrivals - some runs may be cancelled.

Better safe than sorry.

5. Re: time from hualamphong train station to the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2014, 04:16