We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideal hotel?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ideal hotel?

Hi,

My family (2 adults& 2 children aged 10 and 7) had been considering some hotels for a while now. Till now we are still un-decisive. Being a first timers, we actually don't even know which area to stay in. We will be staying for 7 days (18 dec to 25 dec) so ideally we are looking for a 1 bedroom suite. Our budget is about 80-100sgd/ night.

We do not have anything planned just to shop at Platinum Mall , MBK, Chatchuchak market and Kidszania.

Near to Platinum Mall, we are looking at Grand Diamond, Baiyoke Sky, Baiyoke Suite. Beside Grand Diamond, are both Baiyokes recommended? Or any other suite to recommend? As for the location, is there some Halal eateries nearby? I read that BTS is quite a distance away and the traffic there is pretty hectic for taxis.

We also fancy staying nearby MBK probably because there are Halal eateries in it and it is surrounded with shopping centres/ amenities, but seems cant find a suite within the budget. Can anyone recommend one please?

We are comfortable in taking the MRT/BTS to beat the traffic or taxi to move around.

Any help will be useful for us. Thank You so much..

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
572 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideal hotel?

I'm not sure if there is a web site, but "Pathumwan House" is in a location close to MBK. I have stayed there many times when going to Bangkok back in the early 2000's. You could get a 2-bedroom apartment for a very good price. There is no pool, but the place is very clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is very quiet, except for being along side the canal, and you might hear the canal boat motors, depending on where you are located, which floor, which side of the hotel.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,373 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideal hotel?

You are visiting during peak tourist time so all hotels will be charging there peak rates.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideal hotel?

You may have to up your budget because of when you're travelling but check out www.asiatravel.com www.sawadee.com and www.hotelscombined.com to see what's available for your dates.

Singapore
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ideal hotel?

I guess I can stretch my budget a bit more. Is grand diamond location ideal for halal food? Or any area I should look at?

Asia
Level Contributor
87 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ideal hotel?

Stay around Nana BTS or Asok BTS, that area more halal food.

Quite a number of good hotel there

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
Level Contributor
4,233 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ideal hotel?

we've just returned from our stay at the phachara suite hotel in soi 6 near the nana bts.

very convenient, such a spacious suite.

will be doing a review soon.

yes, it is close to the red light district but we turned left when we came out of the hotel to head to the nana bts and we were not aware of this red light district on the soi on the right of the hotel (and further down the road)

Singapore
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ideal hotel?

Thanks. We have booked grand diamond due to close proximity to platinum mall, to satisfy my other half's shopping crave. Nevertheless we will check out area near nana bts for halal food.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
97 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ideal hotel?

Just opposite to Pantip Plaza (near Platinum and Grand Diamond, there is Noor Restaurant. On the main road you can see the banner for Tip Top Indian res and if you enter that lane, you will be able to see Noor. It is a halal food res with some real good food choices. Near Noor, there is a laundry also, just in case you need one !!

Bangkok, Thailand
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Ideal hotel?

baiyoke old , baiyoke sky , First hotel on petchburi road has a Halal restaurant international cuisine

would be a good choice , if your can walk on petchburi road to soi 7 (lane) which is about 200 meters from Baiyoke hotel after 6.00 pm ,there you will find a mosque as well as lot of local Thai Halal street food stalls for 10x less price then what Restaurant sale,

here are some useful links that you can follow

http://halallivingthailand.com/tags/pratunam

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,206 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ideal hotel?

Evergreen Place is where my family and I choose to stay. It's only 10 minutes walk to MBK and close to other shopping areas, 2 minutes walk to Ratchathewi Station (great for transfers to and from airport via Phaya Thai). The hotel itself is lovely, friendly staff, big apartments with their own kitchen, living room, 2 bathrooms (with the 2 bedroom), buffet breakfast is included and they have a large pool. Always highly recommended on TA.

www.everygreenplacebangkok.com