We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chocolate Cake

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Chocolate Cake

I would like to buy a nice chocolate cake when in Bangkok maybe 1/2 kg or full kg and eat it in my hotel room. Can anyone suggest where I can get a really good cake

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,021 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chocolate Cake

There is a patiserie on the ground floor of the Nana Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 4 that does 'take away' cakes.

I believe 'The Bakery' at the Landmark Hotel on Sukhumvit also sells chocolate cakes.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,922 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chocolate Cake

Everywhere. Emporium the floor with the supermarket have lots of patisseries. Same with Paragon . Central, their Tops supermarket. Sun Moulin at Isetan with their Japanese take on cakes.

Then of course there is your hotel bake/coffee shop.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chocolate Cake

Hi,

You are in BKK so I would hate to suggest anything other than Thai stuff. But for good (decent) cake, I suggest "Le Notre" at the ground floor of Siam Paragon. They have some decent Opera and other varities there.

While you are having chocolate craving, you might find Royce Chocolate from Japan and it is pretty damn good.

I hope I won't get stoned for suggested two non-Thai brands. :) Enjoy!

Mumbai
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Chocolate Cake

Seems very good suggestions. I will take one of them and probably lean towards the Lenotre

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
422 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chocolate Cake

You don't have diabetes do you ?

Worldsend
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Chocolate Cake

Why not have one made specially for you by the Le Beaulieu patisserie. They are in Athenee Towers behind Plaza Athenee Hotel. Im thinking of a flourless chovolate cake which is particularly rich.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chocolate Cake

I found this blog post with some awesome cake shops. I think i've probably been to all these places lol. Not sure on chocolate cake but chocolate lava and shabuya honey toast at After You is a total must!!! Theres loads of locations now.

http://www.zod.io/adfBMn

Edited: 14 January 2014, 07:42
8. Re: Chocolate Cake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2015, 05:17