We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DMK 12 hour layover

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
DMK 12 hour layover

We start our trip in Bangkok then fly to Cambodia. After a few days we fly back through Bangkok just to get to Chiang Mai. We will arrive at 11:50 pm and depart about 11:00 am the next day.

Looking for advice.

Should we just get a hotel near the DMK airport? If so, recommendations?

Or should would it be easier to go back to our previous hotel, Centre Point Hotel Ploenchit, where we are paying about $80 per night.

Cost, benefit, comfort and ease analysis is always difficult for me to figure out. Not sure how much to figure it would cost us to get back and forth from hotel...

Thoughts? Thank you in advance!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DMK 12 hour layover

Hi Anne,

Since you all will be arriving that late, suggest you all just catch some sleep & have BF before your connecting flight.

You could consider Amari Don Muang at about $70/night. I see no point in you all rushing to your hotel in the city at 1-2 am, sleep & then quickly re-group for your taxi journey back to DMK Airport early in the morning. The taxi fares to & fro only amount to Bht 800 in total but you might have to contend with traffic jams on your return to DMK.

Edited: 04 November 2013, 04:24
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
193 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DMK 12 hour layover

what if you factor in luggage? I am in a similar situation as OP, except I arrive at DMK at 5pm and fly out at 6am. I'm hoping to leave several VERY LARGE suitcases at my hotel in the city, because I dont' think Amari will hold my luggage for me for 2 nights before my 1 night stay.

There prob will be little/no traffic from city to DMK at 4-5am?

Should I leave luggage at hotel in teh city and make the trip back to city from DMK, OR pay the fees to take my giant suitcases with me? Thoughts?

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DMK 12 hour layover

Amari looks great! I'm going to try to book that now. Thanks for the suggestion!

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,280 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DMK 12 hour layover

JJcookie, you could leave your suitcase at Left Luggage for 75 baht a day. Use the one in the Departure area which is open 24 hours.

5. Re: DMK 12 hour layover

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2014, 05:18