We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Banpanthom area

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Banpanthom area

Hello,

Is it worth using the Sky Train then finding a taxi once in the city or am I simply complicating the matter and best just getting a taxi direct from the airport?

Thanks

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
881 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Banpanthom area

Hi lees,

There is a rail link from the airport but it is separate from the BTS, I personally think for the cost of a taxi in BKK it is your best bet especially if there are more than one of you traveling together with luggage. Cost to most locations in town around 300-350 bahts including airport fees and tolls. Word of advice only use taxis from the taxi stand on the bottom floor. Ignore all others trying to give you a ride, They will overcharge you with their flat rate and not use their meter. Please read the following link. Have a great trip!

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293915-c116554/Thail…

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
881 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Banpanthom area

If you do decided to take the Airport Rail Link it is a short taxi ride to where you are going. Ones again make sure taxi driver uses his meter or find a new taxi.

http://goo.gl/maps/TFpQj

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Banpanthom area

Hi,

Got the public taxi last night so thought I'd share my experience incase it is useful for others.

It cost me 500baht in total using metered taxi on highway. It took about an hour as the traffic was at a stand still near to the Banpanthom area. The meter was slowly ticking over even though I wasn't going anywhere fast.

A quick break down of the cost. 75 baht for tolls, 451 for the ride and the driver added a further 50 baht rounding down the total cost to 500.

I was a bit bemused as to where this final 50baht came from as I had paid the tolls as we drove through them. I was going to give the driver 500 anyway but whether he decided to add his own surcharge I'm not sure. Eitherway, I was more glad to get to my hotel.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,863 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Banpanthom area

The final 50 baht was the official surcharge when hiring a taxi from Bangkok airports. It is posted on signs at the taxi stand, on the complaint form that you were given and on the fare table that many taxis have hanging from the back of the front seats.

The metered rate is 1.5 baht/minute when the taxi is standing still or moving at speeds no higher than 6 km/h.

5. Re: Getting from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Banpanthom area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2014, 05:18