We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tel number for prebooking a taxi

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
858 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Tel number for prebooking a taxi

We will need to be picked up from our riverside hotel at 6am one morning. Does anyone know the telephone number to prebook a taxi please?

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tel number for prebooking a taxi

Why not ask you hotel to flag one down for you? I don't believe that you can pre-book a taxi. A "car service" type vehicle..yes. Taxi..no.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,906 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tel number for prebooking a taxi

Ask the condeirge. They can give you the number or they can wave down a taxi.

If you "call taxi", there is a B20extra charge.

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
858 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tel number for prebooking a taxi

Sorry forgot to say we are staying in rented apartments therefore its not possible to ask for reception to call one for us.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,906 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tel number for prebooking a taxi

Ask security to wave one down for you.

I think call taxi is 1545.

Worldwide
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
649 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tel number for prebooking a taxi

There is more than one number for booking a taxi.

Taxi Radio 1681 is the mostly widely promoted on taxis themselves. 1681 is a free-phone number. (But it might not be gratis on a hotel phone..) It is what I have used (repeatedly perfectly successfully) on the rare occasions when I have wanted to pre-book a taxi. Don't forget that pre-booking comes with a 20 baht booking fee - payable to the taxi driver (always confirm such details as they may change over time - or between booking services).

6. Re: Tel number for prebooking a taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2014, 06:17