We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tool shops in Bangkok

Uk
3 posts
Save Topic
Tool shops in Bangkok

I'm in Bangkok for a few days and looking for tool shops can any one help thanks!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
16,086 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tool shops in Bangkok

There are small hardware stores just about everywhere.

What kind of "tools" are we talking?

Uk
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tool shops in Bangkok

Looking for power tools makita etc

Uk
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tool shops in Bangkok

Looking for power tools makita etc

Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tool shops in Bangkok

if you are prepared to do a lot of shopping around, comparing prices, waiting for deals it is possible to buy tools *slightly* cheaper than the UK here. Some things to consider though, the plug won't work of course and will need replacing. Makita tools in Thailand come with a 6 month warranty that I don't imagine is international, in the UK you get 3 years if you complete the warranty card.

If that hasn't put you off then I have found that for hand held power tools HomePro is as good as place as any price wise. Small shops sometimes sell a bit cheaper, they are everywhere, too many to mention! if you are looking for anything bigger then there are better choices depending on what kind of tool you are looking for.

Mentioned in this post
perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tool shops in Bangkok

Hi

I agree with Gippy my husband use a lots of tools for his work one of them is Makita. He'd check the prices and warrantee policy in Thailand against of what's he can get in oz and said is not worth it to buy in Thailand.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
16,086 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tool shops in Bangkok

If you are looking to take back to the UK, not only is the price and warranty a consideration, although the power is the "same", the plugs will be different.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
17,085 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tool shops in Bangkok

If you buy a whole bunch of power tools will your weight allowance allow you to bring home for free on the plane?

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
5,505 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tool shops in Bangkok

Hi

Look for portable or battery powered tools and don't buy the batterys. or sell them back to vendor much lighter without batterys use the batterys and charger at home you have for your other makita tools.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
16,086 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tool shops in Bangkok

"Look for portable or battery powered tools and don't buy the batterys. or sell them back to vendor much lighter without batterys use the batterys and charger at home you have for your other makita tools."

Good luck with that!

10. Re: Tool shops in Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2014, 05:17