We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe to travel to Bangkok?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
98 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Safe to travel to Bangkok?

Hi, I am bringing aged parents and parents in law as well as some young nephews for Bangkok this coming Wednesday, I am concerned if it s safe to travel there now due to the increasing protests/ demonstration going on.. We will be staying at pratunam, opposite platinum mall. Appreciate your advice. Thanks

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,435 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe to travel to Bangkok?

Singapore.

Protests go on pretty often. Year after year! Tourists show up all the time year after year!

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k697…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k696…

Avoid areas where protests are expected.

Bangkok is almost 3 times bigger than Singapore.

Singapore
Level Contributor
98 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe to travel to Bangkok?

Thanks, infidelal, thanks, do you know if there are protests going on near pratunam or platinum mall where we are staying... My concerns are the old folks - mobility issue ..and young kids that I'm bringing along...

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,266 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe to travel to Bangkok?

Did you read the tread links provided ?

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k6…

Post #15 answers your question.

Singapore
Level Contributor
98 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safe to travel to Bangkok?

Thanks, I feel more at ease now... Cheers

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safe to travel to Bangkok?

Hi Fun,

I think you should be fine. You just need to avoid the protest areas as there are just many people there. On one of my trips, I literally see tanks and soldiers on the streets but had no problem.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,092 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safe to travel to Bangkok?

We just returned home from Bangkok this morning. We saw two gatherings of people while we were there. One in Silom and another near MBK. Both groups were very peaceful and were just listening to a speaker and waving flags. Everybody left the area within a short time, so there was certainly no danger.

I thinik the only danger could possibly be the footpaths for your old folk as in many places they are uneven and broken.

7. Re: Safe to travel to Bangkok?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2014, 06:20