We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which bus (554 or 555) and where to go from BKK to DMK

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which bus (554 or 555) and where to go from BKK to DMK

Hello

We arrive at BKK at 11.20pm then have a flight to catch from DMK at 06.40am.

From what I can tell the free shuttle between the airports runs 6am to 10pm so the alternatives are a taxi or to take a public bus. However this web site says its bus 554

http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/56 but this web site says its bus 555 traveladept.com/from-main-airport-to-don-mua…

Which is correct and where does the bus leave from?

Thank you

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,160 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which bus (554 or 555) and where to go from BKK to DMK

Hi,

Buses depart from the nearby transportation centre but it is too far to walk. Indeed, take the shuttle bus from the main terminal to get there:

transitbangkok.com/to_Bangkok_airport.html

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Which bus (554 or 555) and where to go from BKK to DMK

Thanks, but the first shuttle bus leaving BKK is at 5am and our flight from DML is at 6.20am so there is not enough time to get there and check in if leaving BKK at 5am. Therefore I need an alterntive to the shuttle.

Where is the transportation centre in relation to the airport?

Thanks.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,160 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which bus (554 or 555) and where to go from BKK to DMK

Hi,

The transportation is a matter of minutes away from the main terminal. If I were you I would take a taxi between the two airports at a cost of about 300 baht, it will be far more stress free !

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which bus (554 or 555) and where to go from BKK to DMK

The 555 goes from BKK to DMK, and the last time I took it the journey was quite fast. You get to the BKK transportation centre by free shuttle form level 2. Ask at the information desk for the location of the shuttle bus stop.

Some buses stop running at 10.00pm, so if I were you I would take Andy's advice and take a taxi, or if you want to get an adrenaline rush to wake you up after your flight, take a white van for 50 baht, also from the transportation centre

Alan

Worldwide
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
650 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which bus (554 or 555) and where to go from BKK to DMK

With such a connection my question might be:

1. Where should I stay for 4 hours, not counting the taxi transfer(s) between airports?

2. My suggested answer would be - up to you. Do you want to stay near BKK airport, near DMK airport, or somewhere in the city (which would involve two taxi rides)? Any of those options could work.

Edited: 19 November 2013, 05:07
Level Contributor
19 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which bus (554 or 555) and where to go from BKK to DMK

Beside the answer of EarthlingOnline's question, I am wondering that:

We are going to arrive at Suvarnabhumi at 00:10 and have a flight at 06:20 from Don Muang to Phuket.

So the first public bus #555 from Suvarnabhumi to Don Muang at 04:00; does it depart from Suvarnabhumi or Rangsit at that time? Or from both ways simultaneously?

Thank you.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
16,746 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which bus (554 or 555) and where to go from BKK to DMK

As far as I know the 554 and 555 buses run 24 hours. Where did you get the time of 04:00? (Both buses run between the airports by the way.)

Take the free white shuttle bus from either end of the terminal to the Airport Transportation Centre (aka Airport Bus Station). Just take whatever's leaving first. That could be a van, and I did hear somewhere that some sparsely used bus services are replaced by the BMA with vans in the nighttime hours. In any case, private van services also run between the two airports. My friends who work the late shift at the airport use them frequently.

Edited: 29 December 2013, 19:49
Level Contributor
19 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which bus (554 or 555) and where to go from BKK to DMK

The buses runs between 04:00-23:00 according to the BMTA website:

http://www.bmta.co.th/en/bus_info.php?bus_no=555&air=&way=&bus_time=&Submit=See+detail

Do the private van services run 24 hours? And what's the price for them?

Edited: 30 December 2013, 07:26
Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
16,746 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which bus (554 or 555) and where to go from BKK to DMK

My mistake: the 554 and 555 are not on the list of 24 hour services. Frankly I don't know how late the private vans run and when the 554 and 555 actually start from Suvarnabhumi in the morning. My advice is to go over to the transportation centre and see what's running. If there's no transport in a reasonable amount of time, you could always take a taxi from there. (Private vans would cost 50 or 60 baht per person.)

10. Re: Which bus (554 or 555) and where to go from BKK to DMK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2015, 05:16