We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok Flight Prices - 2014

London, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Bangkok Flight Prices - 2014

Hi

Plan on doing a 14 day trip to Bangkok and a few other places next late July, early august.

Flying in and out of Bangkok.

Direct flight prices at the moment with Thai airways are roughly £950

Is this to expensive ?

East Kilbride...
Level Contributor
99 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok Flight Prices - 2014

skyscanner website has flights from £655.....for 1st august!

London, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok Flight Prices - 2014

That price is for stop overs I would prefer direct flights.

stockport
Level Contributor
1,615 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok Flight Prices - 2014

a couple of hours stop over will not do you any harm, stretch your legs. £300 differance, i know which one i would choose

Sydney
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok Flight Prices - 2014

Qatar just had a sale and Swiss...you have to be quick!

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
498 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok Flight Prices - 2014

Yeah a few hours stop over aint that badm cost me £650 with Qatar for my flight in Feb. 1hr 40 min transfer time is nothing when it can save you a few hundred pound

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
257 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bangkok Flight Prices - 2014

To me that's expensive. I usually pay between £500-£550 each with Emirates with a stopover in Dubai

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
959 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bangkok Flight Prices - 2014

We have alternated with Thai and KLM over the years because generally Thai are pricier. As we travel from Edinburgh we must have one stop anyway so no big deal whether it is in London or Amsterdam (though I do prefer Heathrow to other places).

You might want to check out Eva Air - they fly direct from London.

I would be expecting to pay around £600-700 max. This year we multicity flights from London to BK-Hanoi-then Bali - BK - LHR (excluding the connection from Hanoi to Bali) for only about £800 each.

For £950 I'd want 4 or 5 nights in a nice hotel included!!

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,116 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bangkok Flight Prices - 2014

Hi

Having travelled from Scotland to Thailand on 6 different occasions we've never paid more than £580. Admittedly not a direct flight but we actually prefer a break in the journey just to stretch our legs. If you've never gone to Asia I'd recommend it, especially with savings like people are suggesting.

All the more spending money for a couple of extra hours onto your journey. At that time of year you could stay for a week in a 4 star hotel with the money you'll save.

Whatever you choose have a great trip.

Jim

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3,114 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bangkok Flight Prices - 2014

#5 and 6 Ditto I fly Manchester to Bangkok and would be looking at around £500-£550 Qatar and Etihad are usually the most competitive with a stop over. You should get plenty of choice from London airport and pay much less than £950. Try waiting a couple of months

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
479 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bangkok Flight Prices - 2014

We have flown direct from London a couple of times and we only paid around £550, we went with Thai once and Eva air the other time. From Manchestwr we generally pay somewhere between £550-£650 for non direct flight. I agree with others, couple of hours stop over is actually quite nice to break up the flight and have a walk around, I really struggled doing the direct flights as it was just so long, the onljy time if was ok was when we went overnight and I slept for most of it!