We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BKK international to domestic

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cologne, Italy
Level Contributor
94 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
BKK international to domestic

Tomorrow my internationa flight supposed to land at 14:55 to Suvarnabh and the i have a domestic

flight to Krabi with Bangkok Airways at 18:15 .

i dont need a visa but still have to wait for the baggage+passaport check

if not much delay it seems should be fine.

1-) what is the distance between international to Domestic? walking distance or need a transport?

2-) anything else which u can remind to be aware of?

Thank you in advance

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,267 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BKK international to domestic

Apparently you have separate tickets, since otherwise you would be able to send you baggage directly to Krabi and use the special transit immigration and security check. suvarnabhumiairport.com/en/224-from-internat…

Normally you are able to exit customs with your luggage in 30 - 60 minutes after landing and the Bangkok Airways domestic check-in closes 40 minutes before departure. 3+ hours should be quite sufficient if your incoming flight is not badly delayed.

You most probably will exit customs near door #8 on the 2nd floor. The Bangkok Airways check-in desks are on 4th floor at door #3, not far from the entrance to the domestic security check. You need to take the lift or travelator upstairs. The walking distance is a few hundred meters all in air-conditioned premises.

If you walk on the 2nd floor towards door #3, you will pass 3 mobile operator counters selling local prepaid SIM cards. If you have the time, you could get one right there instead of in Krabi.

Bangkok Airways has a free airside lounge also for economy class passengers near their departure gates. Soft drinks and snacks are served.

Cologne, Italy
Level Contributor
94 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BKK international to domestic

Thank you very much for your detailed reply,will print out and put my pocket for tomorrow.

Also anyone knows how much to leave luggage at Suvabhur. airport for a day?

(this is for the return) Maybe it is better to get that cheap airport hotels for a day instead of paying for deposit storage..

Edited: 22 November 2013, 12:46
Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: BKK international to domestic

You can check on the same website linked above, 100 baht per day for luggage storage: suvarnabhumiairport.com/en/46-luggage-storag…

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
7,119 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: BKK international to domestic

If your arriving airline is on this list bangkokair.com/eng/…check-in-through you have a very good chance that your bags will be checked through on seperate tickets and you can do an airside transit to the domestic departure gates.

Also look out for the complementary Bangkok Airways economy lounge next to Gate A3.

Cologne, Italy
Level Contributor
94 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BKK international to domestic

Thank you Ia0wei, yes my airline is in the list but i could not get what should i do?

it seems i should let my internetional flight company know when boarding ?

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
7,119 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: BKK international to domestic

Correct, show them your e-ticket for your Krabi flight and ask them to check your bags through.

After arrival in BKK follow the signs "Transit to Chiang Mai, Phuket, Samui, Krabi..." they will direct you to a transit immigration area at the junction of Concourse A, B, C and D. Right next to it is the Bangkok Airways transfer desk where you will get your boarding pass. After immigration and security check turn left and follow the signs to Gates A.

7. Re: BKK international to domestic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2014, 05:17