We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way to travel around and places to eat

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
best way to travel around and places to eat

Hi wanting to know the best form and cheapest way to travel around Bangkok and places to eat will be staying in a hotel on wireless road. Any suggestions would be much appreciated :-)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best way to travel around and places to eat

Hi Sarbear,

The best & cheapest way is to use the BTS/MRT to move around the metropolis Bkk. Only when you cannot access a specific area using these modes, then use a taxi.

The best way to savor both Thai & International cuisines is zero in on the many food-courts you find in most shopping malls. Here you get the best value for your Bht plus you have variety of food. For me, a typical meal in a food-court would costs Bht 300 for 2 persons. You'll find excellent food-courts at Cenrtal Chitlom, Siam Paragon, Terminal 21, Emporium Shopping Mall & MBK.

Enjoy Bkk to the maximum.

Edited: 23 November 2013, 04:39
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,508 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best way to travel around and places to eat

Wireless?

At the corner of Soi Polo, and Wireless Road, Polo Rice soup puts out some great food at local prices. Just down the same soi, is Polo Fried Chicken, famous in the Western press

Edited: 23 November 2013, 05:45
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: best way to travel around and places to eat

The cheapest way to travel around Bangkok? Shave your head, wear saffron robes, and you can travel on the buses, boats and trains for free!

There are so many places to eat, that are both cheap and very tasty, that you will not know where to start. If you see a popular place, just have a go at the food for sale. If they cannot speak English, just point at what ever takes your fancy, and say "an nee", which means "this one". If you haven't been to Bangkok before, the choice of food on the streets is truly overwhelming.

Alan

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: best way to travel around and places to eat

Haha shaving my hair oh hell no lol... so basically where there are locals is the best place to go :-) it is my first time travelling for my birthday cant wait so excited just gonna soak up the atmosphere and make the most of it :-)

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: best way to travel around and places to eat

sarbear112

Have a very happy birthday in Bangkok, and from reading your last post you should have a really great time in this wonderful city.

Alan

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: best way to travel around and places to eat

Oh I plan on it once in a live time experience been booked for months only 11 days to go am so excited and so looking forward to it :-) thank you everyone for the helpful information

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,988 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best way to travel around and places to eat

Also read the FAQ's on the right about getting to hotel from airport and getting around. Note Faq's don't show on the mobile app.

e.g. FAQ GETTING Around

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
432 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best way to travel around and places to eat

Having just experienced the food at MBK mall, I would recommend. I've never experience anything like it. You get a card and charge it with money. You go around and pick your food and they take money from the card. No cash. When you are done, you return your card and they give you money that you have left over. Make sure you return the card by the end of the day or you lose it all.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,465 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best way to travel around and places to eat

The food court at MBK is one of my least favourite places but I second everyone's recommendation of trying the street food in Bangkok. Dinner stalls will tend to set up at 6pm, while many will be there all day. Pick the more popular stalls and use your judgement, dont eat there if they dont keep their meat/seafood refrigerated on ice. The famous "fire wok man" on Sukhumvit soi 38 might be worth a visit. Just get off the Skytrain at Thong Lo station.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,508 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best way to travel around and places to eat

"The food court at MBK is one of my least favourite places but I second everyone's recommendation of trying the street food in Bangkok."

There are food courts on every floor of MBK, 2 on some floors!

That said, Just as with any street stall, any restaurant, any menu, there will be hits and misses.

Edited: 24 November 2013, 00:16