We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi to airport am

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
Level Contributor
110 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
taxi to airport am

Hi

I've seen the warnings about not catching a cab that sits around the hotel - I've learnt from that mistake. But what do people recommend when i have to leave at about 6 am - not really sure i want to schlep that bags around the streets. And on that note about what time should i leave sukuvhit (imperial queens hotel) to at the airport by 7am.

thanks

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,906 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi to airport am

Ask the hotel to wave down a meter taxi.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,722 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi to airport am

If you hit the road by 6AM, traffic shouldn't be a problem

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,334 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi to airport am

Hi,

As above. I just picked up a meter taxi on sathon road at 6:25 easily and it got me to suvarnabhumi by 7:10. 240B on the meter +70B tolls.

Cheers

Koh Tao, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi to airport am

Your hotel should be able to arrange a metered taxi for you if you let them know in advance. Setting off at 6am should definitely get you there by 7am. At that time of the morning it should only take 40-45 mins or so.

Happy travels :)

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,576 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi to airport am

Walk out the door and wave a moving taxi over. Tell the driver which airport and to use the meter. When he agrees get in.

I am always at airports 2 hours early. You should be able to make it to either airport within 1 hour.

NYC
Level Contributor
110 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi to airport am

thanks

7. Re: taxi to airport am

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2014, 05:17