We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Floating markets

Carshalton, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Floating markets

There are seven of us all adults going to Bangkok for 3 days in January, we would like to have a half day trip to a floating market, the only one I have found charges £35 each for the trip then you can pay £15 extra to go on a boat making a total of £350 for our trip.

Would it be possible to hire a van for half a day to take us there and then hire a boat or boats.

Can anybody make any suggestions ?

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
18,721 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Floating markets

Just arrange it at your hotel when you get there. It's one of the most common excursions and every tour company in town does it. Many don't have any internet presence.

Carshalton, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Floating markets

Thanks Bill2p

What are the hotels likely to charge per person for this trip, is it likely to be cheaper to hire a van and driver for half day and make our own way there. ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
14,191 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Floating markets

There is a list of tour guides on the right under the FAQ's. Contract some for prices.

Edited: 26 November 2013, 14:36
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,749 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Floating markets

Definitely check with one of the guides from the TA list: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293915-c125475/Thail…

One should be able to arrange a custom itinerary, with private van, for less than your package tour quotes.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Floating markets

John,

Where are you staying in Bangkok? You can get to the Taling Chan weekend floating market from central Bangkok on a public bus for 17 baht, (that's 34 pence per person!). Give me your location, and I will see if I can help.

Alan

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,749 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Floating markets

I really doubt that Taling Chan is what most want in a floating market.

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Floating markets

Hi john

Agree with October 6 click on the links and send the request to many of tour guides on that page. All of them can do custom itinerary from you. You can pick an choose what you want to do with private van and private guide.

You can combines floating market with railway market, kanchanburi ( war museum, hell fire etc) or combine it with Erawan museum and ancient city.

We used Nook ( she's on the list ) highly recommended her.

Cheers,

Edited: 27 November 2013, 01:00
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Floating markets

We did the floating market with Rose Garden, elephant village, crocodile show etc with Nook in August and highly recommend her!!

Carshalton, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Floating markets

Thanks for all your advice

10. Re: Floating markets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2014, 05:16