We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel bangkok to pattaya

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
270 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
travel bangkok to pattaya

hi what is the best way to travel from bangkok (i will be located near khao san road) and would like to see pattaya. also how much will it cost/time?

which part of pattaya is best to visit

stockport
Level Contributor
1,571 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: travel bangkok to pattaya

taxi is best way to travel, cost about 1200 baht. if looking for somewhere to stay,i would say central around lkmero area

London, United...
Level Contributor
357 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: travel bangkok to pattaya

Go to Ekkamai bus station. The bus fare is about 120 bahtand takes under 2 hours.

jersey
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel bangkok to pattaya

http://wikitravel.org/en/Pattaya

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,815 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: travel bangkok to pattaya

Go to the Pattaya Forum for more info on Pattaya. Read the FAQ's and pull up some of the old posts.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293919-s301/Pattaya:…

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g293919-i9439-Patt…

From Bangkok. How many people with you? Several of you maybe pool your costs and use a taxi. Otherwise I prefer the bus from Ekamai Bus Terminal. Ekamai is off a Skytrain stop. Price for the 2 hour ride is 124 baht. Seats are numbered. Buy ticket from Pattaya ticket window. Bus leaves from the back dock Takes 2 hours.

www.pattayabus.com/?page_id=1559&lang=en

Read some of the many hundreds of posts on hotels and where to stay. My preference is on or not too far from Pattaya Sai Song. (Second Road.) This is so you can walk to many things like nightlife, malls, restaurants, supermarkets and use cheap 10 baht transportation. Read up on how to use baht buses which are only 10 baht.

My advice is to avoid renting jet skis. Read some of the many posts on the pitfalls of renting watercraft.

For hotel help include a price range. But first go to the Pattaya Forum. While on the Pattaya Forum pull up one of the many maps and see how the city is set up. Sai Song and Pattaya Beach Road is where many things are located. My advice for only a few days visit choose a hotel where you can walk to many things.

Up to you.

5. Re: travel bangkok to pattaya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2014, 06:18