We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to these places from Pratunam area

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Topic
How to get to these places from Pratunam area

Hello! I'll be going to Bangkok soon and I was wondering how I could get to these places.

The hotel where I'll be staying at is near Platinum Mall.

1. Kachanburi- Floating market, railway market

2. Wat Arun, Grand Palace

3. Chinatown

If you're suggesting taking a taxi, perhaps you could mention an estimation of the cab fare as well?

Thanks for all the help!

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
16,049 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to these places from Pratunam area

Travel agencies have daily tours to Kachanaburi (River Kwai area) every day. Pick up from and return to your hotel. Find nearest travel agency to your hotel. They will know how to avoid protests. (Two hour ride at least.)

Check prices out in person when you book your tour.

Do a forum search for other help.)

Edited: 03 December 2013, 03:33
Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to these places from Pratunam area

Ok thanks that was definitely useful! Shall look for a tour agency around the area thanks for the help.

In addition, I have already found the directions to chinatown and wat arun. Just putting them up for people equally clueless as I was haha.

CHINATOWN

SkyTrain to S6 Saphan Taksin Station (Silom Line).

Take Exit 2 to Chao Phraya Express Boat Sathorn Pier (Central Pier)

Take boat upriver to Ratchawongse Pier (N.5) Then straight on Ratchawongse Rd. until intersecting Soi Wanit 1 (Sampeng Lane), about 350 m.

Walk left along Soi 550 m to Khlong Ong Ang and markets lining its banks or

Continue across the Khlong to adjacent Pahurat Indian cloth market.

To visit Nakhorn Kasem Market, walk right on Soi Chakkrawat which intersects Sampeng lane 300m before Khlong Ong Ang. Walk ahead 200m to intersection with Yaowarat Rd. cross Yaowarat and Proceed straight. Market on left between Yaowarat & Charoen Krung Rds.

The easiest way is to take a cab there.

WAT ARUN

Opening Hours : Daily from 08.00 hrs – 17.30 hrs

Admission Fee : Free of charge for Thais and 50 baht for foreigners

How to Get There : Take the Silom Line and get off at Saphan Taksin Station (or S6 Station), and go out through Exit No. 2 Then, take Chao Phraya Express Boat to Ta Tien Pier, followed by a ferry boat to Wat Arun Pier.

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to these places from Pratunam area

Thank you for your sharing detail info how to go there.

Actually, I am looking for these as I supposed to go myself without a guide by taking bus, train or boat.

4. Re: How to get to these places from Pratunam area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 December 2013, 02:35
Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to these places from Pratunam area

There is also a direct bus line from Siam to Chinatown, can not remember the number. Very quicly in the morning but takes a veeeery long time in the afternoon. By that time I usually take a taxi with all by bags and tired legs.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,004 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to these places from Pratunam area

From Pratunam (At Bus stop behind Berkeley Hotel - Along Ratchaprarop Road - towards Central World) take bus# 204 & U alight at Bus stop before Grand China Princess (Infront Lien Harp Trading Co. on Samphanthawong Road) & walk to Yaowarat Road (160m / 2min away)......

The same bus# 204 will pass by Siam Square too & it cost less than BT$15 to get to Yaowarat

From Siam Square (At Bus stop below Siam Station opposite Siam paragon - towards MBK) take bus Bus# 204, 25 & 508. Bus# 25 will go by the Chinatown main gate & Bus# 508 will turn right on the Corner of Grand China Hotel)......

And Yes, taking the bus in the evening is bad (stuck in traffic for about 20min - somewhere after National Stadium)

Edited: 04 December 2013, 02:21
Singapore
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get to these places from Pratunam area

You forget to include Bus 73,Bus stop-opp Indra Square and Bus 40 under Siam Station.

It's better to be stuck in a A/C Bus than in a Taxi during a jam.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get to these places from Pratunam area

And, of course, bus number 48! The 204 terminates outside Ratchawongse Pier, which is convenient for Sampeng Lane, and easy to remember for your return journey as it parks up there.

Remember with the buses to only get those that have a blue destination board in the front window.

Alan

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get to these places from Pratunam area

Thank You Alan

Got another Bus service from you again.

Now using buses more often while in Bangkok,nana area.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,004 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to get to these places from Pratunam area

I just Love Busing Round in Bangkok, no need to go up BTS......Drop almost at Doorstep of Destination :D.......No need to worry about Meter jumping.......