We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near the river/city side cheaper than the Oriental?

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near the river/city side cheaper than the Oriental?

I will be meeting my daughter and her friend January 2nd-January 6th in Bangkok. They will be arriving from Cambodia, while I will be coming in from the US. My daughter just recently extended the invite to me to come and hang out for a week with her so I booked my flight less than a week ago. .I am trying to find a mid range hotel in an acceptable area that will be easy for me to get around (via skytrain, etc). Some friends who had been to Bangkok years ago suggested that being on/near the water was the best place. However the city side was easier to access public transportation. My daughter may be staying with me, but her friend would still like to stay in a guest house on his own, so if there is something close by for him that would be great.Also the current protests may be a bit of a concern, just not sure how big of a deal it really is???

We will also be flying down to the Andaman Coast for a week of sun and sand...I'm up for suggestions here too.

My head is swimming right now. I do a lot of travel both in the US and International, this just sprung up so quickly I barely have time to think. It's a long way to go to not get it somewhat right, since I realize that life and travel is indeed an adventure!

Mentioned in this post
Colden, New York
Level Contributor
2,920 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hotel near the river/city side cheaper than the Oriental?

VRBO-vacation rentals by owners. This is a nice option because you may be able to get more space than just a hotel room. I looked into this option for our 10 night stay in Phuket but opted to go with a resort with amenities for my 5 yr. old grandson.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
276 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hotel near the river/city side cheaper than the Oriental?

I go along with Ricki1975.

We have stayed at Bossotel. Centrepoint Silom looks good. We are booked to stay at both the Bossotel and Astera Sathorn in Feb 2014. All three are centrally located to the BTS and Central Pier. in Bangrak.

Enjoy

Mentioned in this post
Astera Sathorn
Astera Sathorn
789 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
13. Re: Hotel near the river/city side cheaper than the Oriental?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2014, 06:18