We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaraunts nana and Siam

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Restaraunts nana and Siam

Can anyone recommend any good restaraunts around the Siam square area and the nana area?

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaraunts nana and Siam

Hi

What sort of food are you looking for Thai, western ? I think the best introduction in to Thailand is head to food court where you have soooooo many choices of all kind of cuisines to choose from.

Most food court have coupons system. You buy the coupons look and see which and what you want point at the pictures and pay with coupons. What you don't spend get your refund back ( have to be the same day). There are food court in every malls. In Siam there are MBK, Siam paragon ( the best ), Siam discovery, Siam mall just to name a few.

There are also many restaurants in Siam square area.

Cheers,

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,212 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaraunts nana and Siam

I like the Foodland Took Lae Dee Restaurant on Sukhumvit Soi 5. But this may be beneath your normal budget since breakfast is around 70 baht, even cheaper if early riser.

…coconuts.co/2013/05/23/took-lae-dee-best-av…

What are you looking for? A fancy sit down restaurant with lots of bum kissers delivering food along with high prices or you want something else?

Just down from the above Foodland above is the Fortuna Hotel with a walk-in "all you can eat" breakfast buffet. Think it is 149 baht. I like the bacon because they cook it the way I like - crispy! Bottomless cup of coffee (or tea) with Asian and Western specialties. Not a big selection but good enough.

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaraunts nana and Siam

Thanks for the tips! I actually know the food court in mbk and love it yeah. I tend to eat lunch a lot there. I'm looking for something more upmarket for a nice evening meal without it being redicilously expensive. Thai food all the way!!!! I so know one very good on Siam square called Kuhn maa, not certain about the spelling! But I'm going at Christmas and when I was there last Christmas it was always full!!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,567 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaraunts nana and Siam

Hi Peter,

Te restaurant in Siam Square which you referred to might be "Baan Khun Mae". This is a Thai cuisine restaurant much favored by both locals & tourists.

The other Thai restaurant which I fancy is Nara located at te basement of Erawan Shopping Mall; not far from Siam Square.

Central World Shopping Mall has dozens of nice Tai restaurants on the 3rd, 6th & 7th levels.

Hope you'll find your special one.

Sydney
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaraunts nana and Siam

At Nana head for soi 11 and on your left there you will see Cheap Charlies bar...if you follow the small lane around from his place you will see the youth hostel there.This place has a great hidden gem of a thai restaurant which serves great food and is far from the maddening crowd of sukhumvit and dirt cheap good quality thai dishes around about the 100 baht.Another favourite of mine was Rosabieng beer garden restaurant further up from here but while the ambience of the beer garden is still good(and the live jazz )the service and food is absolutely crap now..and more miss than hit unfortunately!

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaraunts nana and Siam

Thanks folks sounds like a few worth trying there!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaraunts nana and Siam

Paragon Shopping mall's B-floor and 5th-floor have many good restaurants. If you're looking for Thai food, Ta-ling-pling is authentic thai.

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaraunts nana and Siam

Thanks, I'll have a look.

9. Re: Restaraunts nana and Siam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2015, 06:16