We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WHERE are the protests? Dec 9th

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
68 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
WHERE are the protests? Dec 9th

Hello Forum- OMW to airport and will be in Don Muang within a few hours... I can't seem to find the places where the protests are taking place in Bangkok. Can anyone help with that info?

I'm assuming that seeing the Palace and reclining Buddha are out of the question this trip.

Also- we are staying near RCA. Think we'll have trouble from DMK to that area is taxi?

Thanks in advance.

London, United...
Level Contributor
357 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: WHERE are the protests? Dec 9th

There is an active thread about this already. The protesters are matching from many different areas of the city towards government house, roughly near hualumpong stn. Traffic is gridlocked.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,566 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WHERE are the protests? Dec 9th

You might take longer to bet to the Palace and Wats but no reason to believe access to them will be prevented. It wasn't for us recently.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,001 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WHERE are the protests? Dec 9th

Government house is nowhere near Hualumpong. It's quite a bit north, in Dusit.

We did some cruising on my motorcycle. Let's just say that I am very glad I wasn't driving. I would still be stuck out there somewhere.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
68 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WHERE are the protests? Dec 9th

Just wanted to say thank you for responses. Currently - Things are "quiet" around RCA and Sukuhmvit circa Phrom Phong Skytrain station.

5. Re: WHERE are the protests? Dec 9th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2014, 06:18